Next four weeks

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tar Volon, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Include our most-losable game in which we’ll be favored and three of the four most-winnable games in which we’ll be underdogs. If we can somehow scrape two wins, we’re set up for 6-6 with a reasonable shot at 7-5. On the other hand, a four-game losing streak going into Tuscaloosa could get those pitchforks sharpened nice and early.

I’m not very confident in where we are at quarterback right now…or, to be perfectly honest, at any position on the offense. The line is either bad or has little enough depth that it’s one injury away from being bad. We have some dynamic receivers who drop a lot of passes, and we haven’t found a running back yet.

But we’re scheming guys open and the defense is showing some fight—even giving up 41 points against what I think is a pretty good Pitt offense, there wasn’t really much that was easy for them.

Missouri is average, South Carolina is below average. Florida is excellent but seem more likely to overlook us than basically any other time we’ve played them, and Ole Miss is one of those risers from the SEC middle class that looks tremendous one week but is due for a WTF game.

2-2 is on the table, but it’ll be a tall order.

TDVol1989 and A-Smith like this.
  2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Missouri qb out of nowhere leading d1 in yards from scrimmage I believe. Have to best them and SC. We aren't beating UF or Ole Miss. Rush 3 and spy 2 on Corral?

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Eh, I think 1-3 is most likely with 0-fer in a not too distant second place.

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

A win against Florida this week would be pretty shocking

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Stranger things have happened. there was a tv show called that, I mean.

6. Tar Volon

Yeah, I think 1-3 is definitely the most likely, although I’m not so sure on 0-4 vs 2-2. I’m not sure the gap between us and Missouri is any bigger than the gap between us and South Carolina. Certainly could be wrong

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

In my head, I'm allowing for WTH moments against both SC and Missouri. I'm probably overly pessimistic, but I need my defense mechanisms.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Are you sure there is a gap?

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

The Mississippi River.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

2 and 2 is there.

12. Tar Volon

No.

I’m not even sure which teams you’re asking about, but no.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I just think it is more of a wash at this point than our pride allows us to accept.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tennessee went 3-7 last year, beat both of them. Mizzou isn't as bad as South Carolina, but even with the huge amounts of transfers, there's more talent at Tennessee

Memtownvol likes this.
  15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And Pruitt was 2-1 against them both

Memtownvol likes this.
  16. Ssmiff

Anybody notice Apache out there? Not playing too much yet, but if he stays I think this kid can be a really good lb. He looks sturdy and has some speed.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Who?

18. Ssmiff

William Mohan. Aka, Apache. Pretty much the baddest nickname I've ever heard. From Brooklyn and went to Michigan for a year. Likes our LB coach and followed him here. Looks bigger than 6'1 210 as listed. Have seen him flying around on special teams too. Reminded me a couple of times of ole Victor Brown, #16 back in late early 90's. Watching Victor on kickoffs launch like a missile into a wall was a sight to see as the whole crowd yells "BOOOOM!" as he was fastest one down every time and somebody/s were getting destroyed

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  19. Tar Volon

I’m still not sure whether you’re talking about Missouri or South Carolina, haha. From context, I’m guessing South Carolina, but honestly we could be as bad as South Carolina or as good as Missouri and neither would surprise me that much.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

And I'm saying there may not be a whole heap of difference between Missouri and South Carolina.