Next Gen Console Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by emainvol, Nov 13, 2013.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Might as well get this going for those of us who are getting consoles Day 1 or close to it. I'm in the PS4 camp, although I will almost certainly get an XBone at some point.

2. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

And yeah, I know there is another thread, but this one isn't for debating the PS4's obvious superiority, it's for initial reactions and to gloat to all of the other folks that aren't adopting early.

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Also, someone get a PS4 and FIFA so I can play that online

4. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

My PS4 will be here Friday.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I can't help but read "XBone" as X-bone

6. JohnnyQuickkick

I'm leaning towards PS4, but I'm going to wait until the spring probably

7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

What games are you getting?

8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Lame, get it now.

Also, when a new MLB game comes out, I'm wrecking you with the Reds.

9. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I bought NBA 2k14 yesterday. It looks pretty awesome. I'll probably get Madden too.

10. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

Target has a pretty damn good deal on games this week and PS4 games are included in this, buy 2 get 1 free.....I have Killzone, COD, Battlefield 4 thus far.....I want the Need for Speed game as well....and possibly Madden too

11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Think I am getting that next week, NBA that is

12. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

PS4 if I had to make up my mind now. Probably will be at least a few months before a purchase is made, though.

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

PS4 will be here Friday. Already have COD and Amazon sent an email saying that NBA 2k14 will be here Monday. I'll definitely pick up Driveclub, The Division, and The Show when they are released.

I'll eventually get an XBone for Forza, if nothing else.

14. Apparently Playstation has been having some issues with broken PS4s early on. I will probably be waiting a few months before going next gen.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  15. JohnnyQuickkick

I probably won't have the $ till the spring, sucks I know. But everybody knows the Reds wreck nobody

16. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Great.

17. WM

WM Active Member

18. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  19. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

5000 units shipped out early, apparently so far they know of 6 that had issues. I wouldn't worry too much about it yet. The only reason it's news is that IGN and Kotaku happened to have two of the faulty units...and you have to think there were many more reviewers that got systems.

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Granted, there were likely more than 6 that had problems, but even if 100 out of the first 5000 were faulty, that's 2%