Next Gen Console Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by emainvol, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Still haven't decided what to get. Probably not gonna make a purchase till August.. or maybe June/July if I get bored.

Is the difference in true 1080p (ps4) and the fake (scaled up) 1080p (xbox) really noticeable? If its not, I probably get the xbox for overall entertainment system aspects.

2. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Remember the differences between the PS3 and the Xbox 360 for cross platform titles?...................yeah, well it has flipped this go around

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

PS4 is better for everything except entertainment center integration, and XBox only wins that because they actually have entertainment center integration.

That said, I enjoy having both systems

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I haven't used the Xbox at all for any of the entertainment stuff. Am I missing out on anything good?

5. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

I really enjoy the PS4, but it's my first launch console, don't think I'd do it again. The shortage of games, let alone those that interest me, is a pain in the balls.

6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Its neat in theory, needs quite a bit of work. That's work on the software side

7. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

So with the news today + no kinect console is the xbox now the better buy?

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

What news?

9. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Free x-bone games every month for gold members and no gold required for Netflix.

10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Interesting. I wonder what titles they will be providing every month.

Also, I wish I had waited to buy a One. I bought one about a month and a half ago and I have no need for the Kinect.

11. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

I think in a couple of years the kinect will become pretty useful as they make improvements.

12. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I already like, but don't love, Kinect. Like I have been saying, I think the hardware is fine, the software just needs to be improved quite a bit, but when it works, it works well.

13. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I thought Xbox already provided free monthly games to it's Live members?

14. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Good article in grantland on the history of Nintendo.

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I think they do on 360, but not on the One.

16. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Correct. I'm leaning PS4 right now. I don't really play much anymore and when I do it's not for long. I'm thinking The Show might finally sway me to the other side.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

That's what did it for me. It's about the only game out right now that I care about though. Need some new ones soon.

18. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

Watch Dog is coming out soon for the PS4

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

The Show is solid.

20. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

It's on both systems.