Next Gen Console Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by emainvol, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

I just bought a ps4 - I will pick up an xbox in 6-12 months when they improve their software for kinect and the TV integration.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I doubt I get an xbone unless they put out something I gotta have on it only

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Forza

4. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Does anyone with the xbox1 take advantage of the tv integration? Or do you just keep it on a different input?

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I keep mine on a different input. Haven't messed with the TV integration at all. I'm not even sure what all it does.

6. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

If it works well it makes it worth using it I would say.

7. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

Works well for me. It's nice to not have to change input to watch TV. Voice commands work well for the most part, especially with well known channels, I.e. watch ESPN, watch ABC.

8. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

The only things I play are Elder Scrolls series and NCAA. Which should I get?

Last edited: May 18, 2014
  9. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Depends - are you interested in more fluid multitasking and entertainment systems? Do you use a lot of video streaming? Do you ever use Skype? If you answered yes then I would say the Xbox - it's got a lot more potential since the juggernaut of operating systems is backing it - assuming those are the only games you care for. 6-7 years down the line ES may look prettier on the playstation though due to it's better gpu.

If none of those things matter to you then the ps4 - unless you previously had an Xbox and care about your gamertag/friends/achievements etc.

Last edited: May 18, 2014
  10. InVolNerable

Video streaming is probably the only other thing I do consistently with a console other than games. But even for that, I just set up a raspberry pi as my media center so it's not too important.

I like the potential XBone has, but where it is right now isn't all that enthralling. It just seems a little gimmicky. I might wait until the next Elder Scrolls comes out and see where the consoles are at then.

11. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

That might be 4-5 years - the online mmorpg will come out for the next gen consoles within a year - but that's not what you're looking for I'm guessing.

12. InVolNerable

Damn, really that long? I've got to make a decision sooner than that.

Yeah, mmorpgs aren't really my thing.

Last edited: May 19, 2014
  13. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

How does the XBox compare to Roku for streaming?

14. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

It doesn't - it just is nice not to have to switch inputs and be able to fluidly switch between gaming, tv, streaming, Internet, sky drive, etc. Xbox1 doesn't even have hbogo yet but the streaming will get more apps as it ages. From a pure streaming standpoint - nothing really compares to roku - amazon fire tv may be better eventually but it's still new.

The 360 was better for streaming from a PC than the roku is since they are both Microsoft products - I assume that will be the case when they take advantage of the xbox one's software too.

15. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Just for your general awareness....

[video=youtube;HGjSJwlHK6M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGjSJwlHK6M[/video]

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Picked up The Last of Us Remastered over the weekend. Solid game, but nothing mind blowing so far.

17. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Lol. Best story game in a long time. Plus looks downright amazing.

18. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

The Last of Us was my favorite game last year. I thought the story was incredible.

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

How long is the single player?

20. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

20 hours-ish. From what I can recall.