NFL Playoff Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by volfanjo, Jan 5, 2012.

1. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Giants & Patriots

2. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Won't pick the Niners game, but I like the Pats

3. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

was that Palardy kicking that?

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Patriots, in addition to being really well managed and coached seem to have a lot of luck. The tuck rule, the game- winning INT by the Chargers that was lost on a fumble on a meaningless return, the timeout that wasn't a timeout that gave the Pats a fifth down, tonight's missed field goal. Probably a few more big playoff moments I'm forgetting.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

How about the obvious pass interference in that last series on multiple plays? I can't believe there wasn't a flag thrown on that 3rd down throw.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They have had some unbelievable breaks go their way

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Geez. I thought his forward progress had stopped, but I've seen them wait a lot longer than that to blow the whistle. Also, seemed like they blew the whistle right as he fumbled, almost as if the fumble prompted the whistle.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

These WRs are too good and Eli has been too money in the fourth for the Niners to sit back in prevent here.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The 9ers held now it's time for Crabtree to make a play

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

What a horseshit way to determine which of two evenly matched teams gets to go to the Super Bowl. NFL overtime sucks.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Hope Kyle Williams doesn't kill himself.

12. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

maybe I'm missing something, but other than it being NY and the so good for so long now Patriots, but why are so many of my retarded friends claiming the NFL is rigged after these two games?

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Two obvious screwups by Kyle Williams are what kept the Niners from winning, in regulation and in OT. Not sure what the conspiracy is there.

And no one wants to see NE win another freaking Super Bowl.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  14. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

While I don't agree the outcomes are rigged, since Goodell took over I've never seen referees so fundamentally alter games as they have been the last five years. I can't produce statistical evidence, but that's my suspicion.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I will say Baltimore receivers were getting mugged in the 4th, and the refs were swallowing that whistle.

I feel like SF got their chances, though.

16. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

SF had plenty of chances, but if Kyle Williams dives on the [uck fay]ing ball in regulation they are going to the Super Bowl. The Giants couldn't move the ball for shit after the first drive.

17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Let me clarify that I am not putting this all on Williams, the offense could have converted a third down at some point or another and that would have helped immensely, but [uck fay] him anyway. Sucks for the kid, but he is in the NFL and the bullshit that he was a part of in that game is absolutely inexcusable.

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I don't even give a shit about the second fumble. It happens. It's part of the game.

For the life of me though, I have no [uck fay]ing clue why he was within 10 yards of the first one.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

bet $10 crabtree isn't on the niners next year.

20. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

I like the Giants to win, too.

Can't say I wouldn't enjoy seeing Brady and Belichick winning a Super Bowl in Peyton and Dungy's house just a little bit, though.