NFL sued for limiting who can buy tickets

Discussion in 'Sports' started by IP, Apr 27, 2014.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...sues-nfl-50m-seattle-seahawks-playoff-tickets

Does he have a case?

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Is that an NFL deal or a seahawks deal?

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Seems that the NFL limits it as the team directs it to.

4. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I wondered about the legality of it myself last January. My guess is no because civil rights are not violated....

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

For the record, I know for a fact the Broncos do the same thing, but aren't as restrictive. I am sure all teams do it to some extent. Though I wonder about the Titans because in the two games I attended, the opposing fan bases were extremely well represented (Buffalo, Houston).

6. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

7. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Buffalo and Houston have a considerable following? Wow.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Exactly.

9. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Logic:

Given the Titans location/lack of success, I'd guess that TN has some of the most affordable and readily available seats in the NFL. It's probably easier for displaced fans to attend games in Tennessee than travel to their team's respective cities to watch a game.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The Titans also suck and 10 games into the season you can get tickets for 5 bucks from season ticket holders

11. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

That's my point lol

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

My observations occurred in Chris Johnson's heyday. Circa 2008-09

13. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

There was a ridiculous Niners contingent at the Titans game against them last year. That said, what Seattle was allowed to do was [itch bay] level, but entirely legal

14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

You know, like everything else that franchise does

15. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

It's cheaper for Bear fans to attend a game at LP field against the Titans than go to a home game in Chicago. They talked about this on 104.5 due to the cheap airfare into BNA. I assume the same is also true for many other team fans coming to Nashville.

16. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

Definitely a shitty deal, but I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to decide who gets to buy tickets.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I actually went just to watch him run. The Cardinals game, where he had a carry and a reception over 70 yards was nuts.

My former boss would get mad at me because I told him titans games didn't hold a candle to ut games

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I took my mother. We both thought it fell flat in comparison to any game at Neyland.

19. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

It does. The atmosphere isn't the same. I think I'd say the same thing about most NFL stadiums, though, not just LP Field.

20. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Personally, no pro game compares to a good college atmosphere. I'd much rather go to an LSU or South Carolina game than any pro game.