NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 18, 2014.

1. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

You are obviously a fanatical masochist. Those teams have nothing in common other than disappointment.

You're a torrential-rain fan.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The sad thing is, that I have really slacked off over the last decade with my fandom of the Dolphins. I can barely name any starters.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Saw a draft projection with his OG being a top 10 pick next year. That would make 4 high first round draft picks on the oline while manziel was there. That has to be close to the best oline in college football history. Good luck having that type of protection with the browns.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Yup

5. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I haven't looked it up but I would bet those O line stats match up pretty close to Matt Leinart's O line when he was in college. He never got touched ... see how it went with him.

6. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Not comparing Leinart and Manziel talent wise though ... I'm not that stupid.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he absolutely didn't have that many top draft picks on the oline. he had ryan kalil and Winston justice, so hardly sucky, but not near manziel's level.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

leinart was an unbelievable college qb. we tend to forget it, but the guy was really clutch. manziel certainly has a better arm and mobility, but leinart was considered "nfl ready" out of USC. whoops

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Alabama is the same way.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah, USC doesn't churn out ol like tamu, LSU and Alabama

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

they always have 2 or 3 5 star olinemen a year, but haven't had a guy drafted high on the oline for a while. of course the best olinemen on the west coast went to Stanford the past couple of years.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

IMO, the mental jump from college to the NFL is bigger than the physical jump.

13. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Didn't manziel come out in an interview and admit that he's having all kinds of trouble learning the playbook? Not that it's surprising ... his college playbook consisted of "gonna run around til Evans gets open"

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I hope he does well, he's entertaining. There's enough robots out there.

15. I want to see JFF throw the game winning TD while getting hit so hard it ends his season. He's an athlete a lot of people both love and hate, myself included.

16. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

You're the one who thinks Cam Newton sucks, right?

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

close enough. their schedule last year was a joke.

18. kidbourbon

Eh, we can't call Manziel a system QB* and then claim there wasn't a system.

*not sure if you've said this, but it's been said.

19. kidbourbon

Not sure how an NFL team has a joke schedule. There's never been a sports league in the history of human civilization with more parity.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'd imagine a big part of the system was the scrambling drill.