NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 18, 2014.

1. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I think it's time we get a donation drive started for Nickelback/Pitbull 2015.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I would laugh in their face if I was a singer.

[​IMG]

3. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Zach Mettenberger looked good again tonight. He may end up being a steal as a 6th rounder but it is preseason so who knows.

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The organization that sued a singer for $16 million for flipping a bird during the halftime show because it "offended" a couple hundred people, but won't say shit about the Washington Redskins? Not shocked.

5. The exposure will be worth it for the musicians, but it is an awful look for the NFL. Goodell's really good at maximizing income while hurting the brand.

6. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Titans defense looks like shit. Haven't watched much preseason, but the secondary play so far is disturbing.

7. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Agree. Not to make excuses as it's the same for every team but the way refs are throwing flags this year on contact with receivers is a little extreme. I'm sure that is in DB's heads but again, it's the same for everyone. I watched one play last night where Ryan threw a pass about 5 yards out of the back of the endzone, the receiver ran over a DB and the refs call pass interference on the defense. It was ridiculous. There was an equally bad call like that against the Falcons.

8. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Sam Bradford is out for the season.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Amazing how some guys are just prone to those type of injuries

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Feel bad for the guy. Can't catch a break.

11. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Did see a tweet that when the new Madden game comes out, Bradford's health rating will be -150.

Does suck for him and hate to see some guys just constantly being hurt.

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Damn. When does someone like that shut it down just so they will be able to walk when they are older?

13. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Just came in here to say that if they really do focus on defensive holding and illegal contact this year, Seattle's in deep shit

14. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Can't believe the Pats traded Logan Mankins to Tampa. Best olineman of the Belichick era.

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

whoa! Really? They had some beastly offensive lines in those Super Bowl years. Way underrated on the front lines on both sides of the ball. Seymour gets way too little credit too.

16. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

defensive line was phenomenal from 01-08. As far as Mankins, he's the only sure fire hall of famer on the oline. I agree the oline was underrated during the Super Bowl years. Light, Koppen, Hochstein, Andruzzi, and Compton were a formidable unit.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Brady knew what he had.

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

how does Giselle factor into this.

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Peyton Manning fined $8,268...for taunting?

What the hell is the world coming to?

20. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

6 games for domestic assault, and a lifetime ban for a second offense. Why not implement that for any violent crime?