NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Montana is the only real competition for the GOAT moniker, and he’s a fairly distant 2nd, imo.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Honestly, Brady's great, but I feel there are a handful of QBs who would've had the same success being in the same position as him. He's always been mediocre when he gets pressured, too, so it's hard for me to concede he's the best. Most accomplished, yes.

3. Savage Orange

If greatness is measured by accomplishments then yeah... you gotta hand it to him. I hate it because to me, the Patriots are to the NFL what Alabama is to CFB.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's the perfect QB for a damn good coach. Brady isn't the most talented QB of all time, but he does his job and by doing his job he elevates all those around him. I enjoy watching the Patriots lose.

5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

It helps knowing that you will be in the Playoffs every year because of the shitty division you play in.

chavisut and Unimane like this.
  6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Trying to recall some of the postseason miracles.

There was the game against the Chargers where Brady threw a pick to pretty much seal the deal for San Diego, only to have the DB stupidly run around like a dumbass to gain needless yardage and end up fumbling back to the Pats.

There was the weird phantom timeout from a coach that apparently shouldn't have been allowed to call a timeout that negated what I believe was a failed fourth down attempt to lose the game.

And then obviously there were a few humdingers last night.

Any others?

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

the tuck, the fake news shot to the head for 15, the offsides

8. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

Manning would have had 50 rings if he'd played for the Pats the whole time... and then I wonder if we would still hate the Pats as much as we do now.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Of course not. Knoxville would be Foxboro South.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Oh gah. That tuck was the worst. Can't believe I forgot that.

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Watch the second replay

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Damn. That's pretty bad.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He drove into the kicker's field goal range several times while teams stupidly play 15 yards off.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Seahawks deciding not to run from the 1 to win the game was a real dandy.

utvol0427 likes this.
  16. Savage Orange

Let us not forget the Atlanta second half debacle...

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

With Lynch in the backfield. These supposed greatest coaches and minds in the world still make really dumb decisions. Imo, trying to score a td late thru the air when the defense was playing to protect from a td and not running the ball or quick dump passes to keep the clock going is as boneheaded as it gets. People excuse it by saying its Payton and drew brees trying to win. They shoulda asked the math guy on the sideline. No better way to secure a win than give the ball back under a minute and no timeouts. No better way to guarantee an L, to blow clock management and give the ball back to an nfl team with under 2 and a TO. NFL lives off that 2 minutes weekly. If they really, really wanted to win, they had it

18. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

He does his job as well as anyone in the history of the game could do his job.

Maybe he is in the perfect system for him, but the system has a perfect quarterback in him, too.

19. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

No [uck fay]ing way. I will tote Peyton's water as maybe the greatest of all time, and I'll sing the praises of half a dozen other guys that might be considered #1, but Brady has made the entire NFC his [itch bay] for 15 years. You don't do that being mediocre at anything, I don't care how good your coach is.

NashVol11 likes this.
  20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

He's mediocre when under pressure, which is true. It just doesn't happen very often because he is great at getting the ball out quickly and he's always had a great OL. Overall, he's a great, obviously. I just don't believe he is the "best QB ever" and no one else could have been as successful in the same spot.