NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 18, 2014.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

No shit. Of course he is.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Guilty until proven innocent. Solid reasoning.

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

He hasn’t been arrested nor has he been put on trial, so miss me with whatever dumb shit you’re (not surprisingly) trying to peddle.

The burden of proof in a civil case is far lower that it is in a criminal case.

4. Ssmiff

No idea why you decide to be such a douchebag. Good luck with that.

GahLee likes this.
  5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Says the guy trying to defend an accused rapist.

We can let this play out, but the ratio of rapes to false accusations is such in favor of believing the victim, that I’m not gonna be the guy defending the rapist.

If Brown was smart (spoiler alert: he’s not) he’d have already settled with her before it got to this point. Though my guess is that it where this ends up anyway.

6. Ssmiff

Innocent until proven guilty is what I'm defending, not raping or rapists. Give me a break.

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Which doesn’t apply.

8. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

“Concern for innocent until proven guilty” usually translates to “discrediting a rape victim for several months straight until she actually wins a court case,” so color me unimpressed.

9. Ssmiff

You 2 assuming guilt from allegations sums up enough and im not concerned about impressing either one of you.

If it occurred, can you explain why a rape victim would make a booty call to the rapist a few days after it supposedly occured and returns to his home late at night?
    That would make me question the truth of the allegations, if the supposed call and home visit occurred.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  10. Ssmiff

and to repeat, if he did it, life in jail is good. Death. Cut it off. I don't care.
    I have questions of timing of various events, her business failure which ended a month before this suit, the tax issues, 1.6 million dollars requested a couple years ago and a trip to Miami to see him a week after the alleged rape, all this according to his attorney.

11. NashVol11

Nothing like someone who’s never been in this situation saying a victim didn’t handle it appropriately

12. Ssmiff

In what situation. Being raped or not being raped. Nobody except you seems to already know it happened.
    Behavior and pics will be analyzed. Interactions with each other. Seems to me youd rather assume guilt, take their life away and worry about truth later. Thats bullshit when there is zero proof.

13. NashVol11

Nothing I do is going to take Antonio Brown's life away, and neither will the NFL putting him on the exempt list. I disagree that there is "zero proof".

There are a lot of people who hear about a rape allegation and immediately spout off all these "concerns" about the overwhelmingly remote possibility that the man is being falsely accused, while only referring to the victim (who, again, is overwhelmingly likely to be telling the truth) to try to poke holes in her story, question what she was wearing, talk about how she waited too long and suggest that she therefore must be lying. Then it comes out that the guy actually is a rapist, and the months of victim-blaming turn out to be complete trash.

You're welcome to play that role if you want; I will respectfully decline. We have an entire justice system to attempt to ensure that the truth comes out. Wrongly disbelieving a victim happens much more often, and creates much more harm, than the alternative; random people on the Internet shouting "BUT WHAT IF THE ACCUSED RAPIST IS THE VICTIM HERE" don't really help anyone.

14. Ssmiff

I've had questions in 3 cases. AJ, Kavanaugh accusations and this case. Valid questions.

15. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

20190913_194152.png Cam Newton ladies and gentlemen

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

17. Ssmiff

0-8 last 8

18. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Looks like his shoulder is permanently screwed up.

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

He's a clown and always will be. He was talking smack that one good year they had about "there's no band aids for feelings" then gets pouty and pissy after they lost in the Super Bowl.

20. NashVol11

How are y’all this upset about a fashion choice? Is this still the football forum?

kmf600 likes this.