NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 18, 2014.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is not some unanswerable question. Every second of the game, that field is mic'ed all up. There should be a conclusive answer, because Garrett should know approximately when this slur was said. Let's look. And if it isn't there, increase his suspension. If it is, increase Rudolph's.

If it really is inconclusive, leave it alone.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Hard to leave it alone when people out there assume he said it and a heavy price for a man and family to pay if its made up bullshit. I dont like the dude at all and wanted Dobbs to beat him out.
    The delaying a week with Myles not saying anything to anyone is a joke. Now hes stuck and has to stick with it and hope it blows over.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'd be curious how much racial stuff really goes on in the field of play. All of these guys have been playing side by side and in the locker room with black guys for a long time now. You'd have to think that even if they harbored those feelings, they wouldn't be dumb enough to let loose and risk losing their teammates.

And is there some unwritten code that you just kind of leave this stuff on the field and whip the guy's ass next play rather than complain in the media? You didn't hear Gurode say much after Haynesworth opened up his forehead. Is Garrett going to lose a little respect for this even if he turns out to be telling the truth?

NorrisAlan likes this.
  4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Anyone really heard of any upper level football racism other than with BYU?

5. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Did Garrett not publicly apologize to Rudolph on Monday? Why would you do that if the guy used a racial slur?

6. Ssmiff

Kerry Collins is still around Nashville. He tried to be one of the guys, and wasn't. If Garret did hear it, very easily could've been pouncey. The word is everywhere during games. But if hes saying Rudolph whispered it in his ear and that's why he pulled his helmet off, I don't think many people believe him, including his own teammates. imo he was pissed that Rudolph may have tried to rack him and pulled on his helmet so he decided to try to pick him up and toss his head into the stands. Then a week later with an attorney, busts out the racial comment.

7. Ssmiff

Grambling?

8. Ssmiff

Attached Files:

9. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Bear Bryant

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Boise State guy that Blount punched

11. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Schiano is no longer a candidate for the Rutgers job.

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Reports yesterday seemed like it was only a matter of timing.

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Butch Jones come on down.

14. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

No idea why I posted this in the nfl thread. Age starting to catch up with me.

15. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Lets say that was a questionable tripping penalty on the Cowboys.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I'm only here for the inevitable Uni blow ups.

InVolNerable and Unimane like this.
  17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

So far, they seem likely to occur.

18. Unimane

I suppose the refs have decided to just give this game to the 49ers.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I've learned my emotional connection to the Packers play is a negative correlation to how UT is playing.

20. Unimane

[uck fay]. You. Refs.