NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 18, 2014.

1. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I just can't see Ryan Tannehill leading a 9-7 team to a Super Bowl win. No way.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If they win, it will be on Derrick Henry's back

NorrisAlan likes this.
  3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tannehill is playing well, but his job has been made very easy. He's pretty much 09 Crompton.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

With a little Dilfer. Manage the game, run the ball, no TOs and defense playing well.
    Have no idea how they will stop KC this week. Need a really windy nasty day, double Kelce, double #10. Make the rest beat you?

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

They are gonna need some long TD drives to keep the Chiefs offense off the field and out of rhythm. If they can limit their positions and not turn the ball over, they will have a chance.

A-Smith likes this.
  6. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Dilfer is was awful in every aspect. His year with the Ravens, he threw 11 picks and fumbled 8 times, in only 8 starts. He was 23rd in the league for QB rating at 76.6. Completed 59% of his passes.

That's not being a game manager. That's a historically good defense, two Hall of Fame caliber running backs, and the best punt return average of the Super Bowl era up until that point carrying a team despite all efforts by the QB and passing game to sabotage it.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
    tvolsfan and Ssmiff like this.
  7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Yeah, that was 100% the defense and run game. When your D gives up 23 total points in the 4 playoff games, you have a damn good shot of winning it all, even with bad QB play.

tvolsfan likes this.
  8. InVolNerable

And 7 of those points weren't even on the D, technically. Kick return TD in the Super Bowl.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

And yet all throughout the Super Bowl they focused on him and acted like he was the hero. Super annoying.

justingroves likes this.
  10. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Tannehill has been nothing like Dilfer. I’m not a big Tannehill guy either, but it’s obvious that some here have only watched the Titans’ last 2 games rather than the previous 2 months where Tannehill put up some of the best passing numbers in the league and was AFC Offensive Player of the Month for December

A-Smith likes this.
  11. Ssmiff

I get it. I was referring to managing a game and letting others win it for you. but yes he is capable of going off. Imo owning the clock is the only way to win.

12. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Agreed, especially against KC. Luckily it does look like it will be freezing cold there on Sunday. I want the AFC team to win the SB either way (sorry Card/Uni)

13. InVolNerable

4th best QB Rating ever, T-4th best completion % in a season ever by a QB not named Drew Brees (T-9th overall),

A-Smith and NashVol11 like this.
  14. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Have to think the Titans dream ends today.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

First 3 pointer from a Nashville team all weekend, and they did it on their first try.

A-Smith likes this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

At the time of me responding the Titans are up 10-0, so I deserve no e-cred for this comment but:

It's sub freezing temperatures. Which style of offense is more conducive to Kansas City January weather? That the run-heavy Titans have gotten to play these games against pass-heavy offenses outdoors has undermined the home field advantage, imo.

17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I don't think it will bother the Chiefs too much and it's looking to be the case here thus far. I don't know how they stop Mahomes if he can just run around for 10 seconds and have one of his lightning fast WRs get open. If the Titans stop them, they will need the Chiefs to help them out with some drops like KC did on the first drive. Otherwise, the Titans will need to be extremely efficient scoring on offense.

18. Ssmiff

Titans with what almost seems like a perfect half and will go in trailing

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I don't see any way the Titans stop this offense.

NashVol11 and tvolsfan like this.
  20. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

My god what a play