NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 18, 2014.

1. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Colts better situation. Come on over Aaron.

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

lol

3. chavisut

I definitely think you can make the argument that the Colts are a better situation for next year. Certainly not a laughable stance at the very least.

Either team would be among the favorites to win it all with Rodgers. Probably along with half the other league as well.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
  4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

The Colts are not in a better situation next year.

Aaron Rodgers with Kyle Shanahan, his run game and George Kittle would be better than anything the Colts offense can offer. And that’s before we consider if Debbo and Ayuik are better, worse or even with the Colts WRs.

Pro Football Reference has the Colts defense at 10 and the 49ers at 17, so they’re not terribly far apart. And that’s without San Francisco having Nick Bosa. It’s worth noting the Colts (2nd to 7th) were really good against the run and the 49ers were really good against the pass (4th to 20th).

5. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

What about Rodgers to the Patriots?

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Oh, [uck fay] no.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Heard a stat today that Brady has thrown 3 picks in a playoff game 4 different times. He's 3-1 in those games.

To some, that's a sign that he's able to overcome mistakes and still get the win. To others, that's a sign that his teams have often been significantly better than the teams he was playing.

8. NorrisAlan

The fact he will have gone to TEN SUPER BOWLS in his career is beyond [uck fay]ing comprehension. You have to add the three QBs after him to surpass that total. And now with multiple teams and head coaches just cements that he has to be the GOAT.

That pains me to even type.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

When they said that I hadn’t put the numbers together but it’s ridiculous

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Has a higher percentage rate going to the super bowl in his career than Curry has for his career 3 point shooting percentage

11. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

He's won more Super Bowls than any other QB has started. Also the only QB to ever win both conference championships during his career.

12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

He's obviously one of the greatest QBs ever. The greatest? Maybe. Dude is insanely fortunate, though. He won his last Super Bowl, 13-3. He won one because Seattle inexplicably didn't run Marshawn Lynch at the 2 yard line. In this playoff run, he faced a 7-9 team, a Saints team with a QB who has 11 cracked ribs and then threw 3 consecutive INTs in the second half of the championship game, yet still had his defense pull it out. He's had remarkable defenses and OLs supporting him in his career.

The thing which makes me wonder about his GOAT status is if he were switched with another QB situation, would he perform better than that QB? Rodgers was pressured 22 times and sacked 5 times on Sunday. Does Brady perform better than Rodgers 300+ yards and 3TDs in this situation? I don't think so. Does he win more than 1 title with the Manning Colts? I don't know. Does he make back to back Super Bowls with the OL Mahomes has, even in his prime? I don't think so.

My biggest issue with Brady being the best is, any time he has been pressured, those few times he has looked really pedestrian. The Super Bowls against the Giants were most notable. If he found himself in a situation like most QBs in having to face pressure on a more regular basis, does he still find a greater level of success than others? I still don't think I would pick him as my QB first, if I had my choice of any in history.

13. NorrisAlan

I used to think a lot like you, and defended Manning and others against him. But one doesn't luck into 10 Super Bowls, much less 6 wins, and with two different teams. I also never believed in one-true GOAT, and still don't. But it wouldn't take me much to make him a difinitive, no questions asked 100% GOAT.

If we could play what-ifs, I would play "What if Marino came up into the NFL in 2010 and not 1984?" That would be a sight to behold.

14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

He had some serious good fortune in making this one, though, and played pretty mediocre ball in the playoffs. As I said, he's top 5 ever, but there has been a ton of good fortune of being part of a machine for most of his career.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The "did it with a different team" element isn't the strongest for me, especially if he only does it this year. He threw 3 straight interceptions on Sunday, and his TEAM (defense, in particular) managed to overcome it. It's kind of absurd to give him a ton of credit for that win.

He's not as bad now as Manning was with the Broncos, but I also don't think people put a ton of stock in that run when reviewing Manning's career accomplishments. I just think it's difficult to give Brady all or even most of the credit if TB wins the Super Bowl this year.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
  16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tampa Bay had God awful quarterbacks until this year, add an over the hill all time great and here we are.

17. chavisut

Maybe Niners are better situation, although I disagree, it certainly isn’t by a laughable margin.

Colts have a ready to win roster with right QB.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
  18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

It wasn’t just Nick Bosa missing on defense this year. The 9ers actually led the league in man games lost by a fairly decent margin, on both sides of the ball. His was just the most impactful on the defense in my opinion.

19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Brady is great and probably GOAT, but I agree with Uni that he has been fortunate to be on good teams most of his career. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Make sure you read his other tweets too.

VolDad and CitrusCo.Vol like this.