NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 18, 2014.

1. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm very high on Herbert, even more than Burrow who I also really like.

Not at all indicative of who's a top 10 QB, but I just enjoy rewatching this throw every once in a while:

2. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

Lamar’s best days are behind him.

3. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

That’s what I was thinking…. He started slow but finished on fire. No legit reason to fire the guy that I could see.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yeah, looking at numbers, Herbert is a top 10er.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Saw people mentioning JJ had a good day, but didn't realize it was nearly 100 yards and 2 TD's. Good for him.

Edit: He has 5 TD's on 24 catches this season. That seems like a very solid ratio. You can also look at his game log on ESPN, and it's readily apparent that the dude has earned his PT and targets. Love it.

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Justin Herbert is easily a Top 10 QB, and would be in the playoffs if his head coach wasn’t a dipshit.

The Chargers offense is so much fun to watch, regardless.

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Incredible athlete. Has some really good days passing the ball. Not that many, though.

OneForVol likes this.
  8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

That Huntley cat has some promise too. He can scoot and sling it, just needs to cut down on the mistakes and get some more experience. Really surprised he went undrafted from what I’ve seen of him

NashVol11 likes this.
  9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

He’s steadily gotten better as the year went along, and you can tell his coaches and teammates love the way he plays from their reactions to him on the field and in interviews.

He’s already a fan favorite, although I have to consistently tell people that the whole “attitude problems” thing is complete bullshit.

justingroves likes this.
  10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

if there was an attitude problem, his teammates wouldn't mob him every time he scores.

justingroves likes this.
  11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

George Kittle loves him and talks him up all the time

12. OneForVol

His QBR has fallen from 113 in 2019 to 99 last season and now 87 this season.

13. NashVol11

He’s 25 and he’s improved as a passer. I don’t expect it to keep dropping.

14. OneForVol

I think the league has his number.

A-Smith likes this.
  15. NashVol11

People started blitzing him while staying in their lanes and it worked, but he didn’t have much around him this year. I’d be surprised if that’s some permanent thing he can never figure out

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I bet we see a couple big name college coaches jump to the NFL this year.

17. OneForVol

His legs won’t last forever. Once that part of his game slows down defenses will destroy him.

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Flores will get a better gig than Miami, and I think he's deserving. Leftwich will probably get a shot too. I think Mayo will make a killer HC.

19. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Seeing some rumors about Kiffin getting involved with the Vikings search. Dude couldn’t make it more obvious he wants out of Oxford.

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He definitely wants out but thats just the way he operates. Guy has the attention span of a puppy. I also think he hates recruiting now so a jump to the NFL is very possible.