NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 18, 2014.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

He was pretty ornery about it too. I’d have fired him in that presser if I was Jerruh

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Typically the runner when down would have looked for the first official and handed him the ball. Dak gave it to his center, lined up, and blocked access. Brain fart on Dak.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

FAT MAN TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VolDad likes this.
  4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Chefs are rubbing it in

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Another good day for JJ. That block was nasty.

6. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

And the official was hauling ass as much as a 50 year old investment banker can.

7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Skip Bayless Twitter meltdown has made this so much better

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

9. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

VFL

VolDad likes this.
  10. IP

IP Super Moderator

lol, he may be a little uncalibrated on this specific situation but I am all for focusing on officiating. It is going to get bad if nothing ever changes. People will snap. And it will be twisted into "nobody is perfect," etc but that isn't the problem. If referees were graded, had to answer questions, and basically were treated like humans rather than infallible super beings, the anger would be different and more constructive. It would be, what tools do they need? What rule changes would limit some intractable difficulties in getting calls? Instead, we pretend like it is all fine.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  11. CardinalVol

Agree, but this is the one time the officiating isn't at fault. Officiating was correct on this one call.

And I'm not exactly one to stand up for officials.

12. CardinalVol

This is the first time ever S.A. Smith is tolerable/entertaining.

VolDad likes this.
  13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Still don’t know why you wouldn’t want two Hail Mary throws to the end zone from the 50 instead of one from the 40.

14. CardinalVol

I'm not sure what the difference is from the 40 to the 30 at that point. It's going to take more luck than skill to convert. You've got to throw to the end zone either way.

15. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

It's not like Dak cannot throw the ball 50 yards. The run up the middle was just dumb.

17. CardinalVol

Last night Chris Simms said that when he played for Gruden & McDaniels, and then when he was an assistant under Belichick, all three of them used 18 seconds as the drop dead point of being able to get 2 plays off. Found that quite interesting.

18. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

We teach our guys in short clock situations…. Always find the umpire.
    Always. And I coach a [uck fay]ing high school team and make 7,000 a year to do it.

justingroves and IP like this.
  19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I do not feel good about playing the 49ers. They were the one team I did not want to see, the one with a solid running attack and ability to get to the QB. Maybe the weather will have an effect, but the 49ers are our kryptonite in the playoffs recently. I'm tired of getting pushed around by them, which is what has happened the last 5-7 years.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The 49ers play like a cold weather team plays. They kick your ass at the line of scrimmage and throw when they need to.

Jimmy Garrapolo will probably have a minimum of two turnovers, though