NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 18, 2014.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If true, thank you Flores for blowing this up. Don't want that washed up hack on my shitty team.

2. NorrisAlan

Ewwwww....

[​IMG]

Just don't think the USA can support another football league. Early yet, I know, but daaaaaamn.

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

What do TV ratings look like?

4. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Doesn't help that Birmingham is hosting every single game. I think Birmingham's actual team does well, but why would anybody in Birmingham want to go see Pittsburgh and Michigan play?

Whoever made that call is an idiot.

justingroves likes this.
  5. NorrisAlan

Oh. I had no clue about that. That is moronic.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

They don't care about attendance. It's all for TV and centralizing all games to one spot cuts down on travel costs.

7. NorrisAlan

I struggle to watch any game where the stands are empty. It is...strange.

But I didn't even realize the USFL had even started, so they are obviously not targeting me. I hope it works out for them.

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I think the behind the scenes shit with full access with coaches and players would be better content than the football.

there’s not enough QBs even for the NFL so unless you’re going to run different offensive systems the football on the field isn’t going to be that interesting.

9. CardinalVol

I've flipped over a couple of times if nothing else was on. I like the camera angles on players and the drone cam. The football itself is meh, but like the XFL, there's probably a few things they could use for NFL and college.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The Jags wasted the #1 overall pick

The Titans got rid of an often injured receiver to go get a younger, cheaper version.

11. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Probably the right move and a ballsy one, but man AJ Brown was fun.

12. CardinalVol

13. NorrisAlan

Let me see who the Dolphins picked...OH THAT'S RIGHT

14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I think they wanted to shore up a really pitiful run defense after the WRs they had graded as first rounders were gone. It seems as if, whenever the Packers need a WR in a draft, there's a major spree which takes place. Six in the first 18 picks is pretty crazy.

15. CardinalVol

16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Rams not impressed with Patriots/Belichick's 1st round selection...

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Technically, Tyreek Hill

The Dooz likes this.
  18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Burks is pretty much AJ made over, though. People are giving the Titans hell but this is how you keep money free.

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

It’s still a gamble. Add to that the Titans were absolutely terrible at drafting WRs until they hit on Brown, so it’s understandable why fans are upset and others are giving them shit for trading him away.

Other thing to remember is the cap is projected to jump significantly when the new TV rights deal goes into place.

20. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Like Dooz said you never know, and probably half of the players drafted last night will suck. But I agree, $25M for an increasingly injured WR on a run-first team is a good way to keep yourself in cap hell. I like that Robinson/Vrabel aren't afraid to make tough decisions like that.