NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 18, 2014.

1. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

That play action to ice the game was 1000 IQ play calling by the Titans. The clock was going to stop anyway for the 2 minute warning so running it up the middle doesn’t do much for you.

NashVol11, dknash and OneForVol like this.
  2. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

A little payback doesn't hurt either

ole_orange likes this.
  3. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I don’t care if they suck, any win over the Packers is always satisfying.

4. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Titans aren’t much fun to watch, but they consistently impose their style better than any other team in the league.

So odd watching the Vols on Saturday and Titans on Sunday.

[breasts] want to beat you by scoring 17, and Vols want to beat you by scoring 70.

5. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Hahahaha. [uck fay] the Jets.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I want to laugh and cheer, but then I remember who is doing it to Jets.

7. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Nathaniel Hackett has to be one and done right?

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The first five minutes is an impressive display of ineptitude even more than usual for the Packers. Soft, stupid, and rudderless. I am amazed at how easily the DL is blown off the line and the shock Green Bay has the QB is, apparently, allowed to run with the ball, too.

9. Unimane

Good lord, they are a bunch of soft ass [ussies pay] on the Green Bay defense.

10. Unimane

That is one of the worst [uck fay]ing holding calls I've ever seen. What a crock of shit.

11. Unimane

I can't decide which is a worse defense, Green Bay or UT's. At least there's some excuse for UT's, being so depleted from the coaching change. The Packers' defense was the primary focus of the organization and are soft and total shit, still.

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

What a Bull Shit roughing the passer penalty called on the Burroughs tackle

13. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Titans fired GM Jon Robinson. I guess essentially giving away one of the best WRs in the NFL for nothing will catch up to you eventually. While this is shocking news, it’s not totally undeserved. His draft picks, especially the ones from the higher rounds, have almost all been universal disasters since 2019.

14. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

I think the JRob firing was mostly about the bad drafting. The NFL has a hard salary cap and that forces tough decisions sometimes. I’d rather pay to keep Jeffrey Simmons than AJ Brown.

NashVol11 likes this.
  15. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

He’s screwed the pooch specifically with his recent WR, OL, and TE decisions. All those position groups went from strengths to weaknesses way too quickly. You also at some point have to resign your best draft picks. Can’t let everyone walk away without ever getting a 2nd contract

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

there’s no hard cap if the owner is willing/capable of paying cash over cap.

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

The penalties for going over the cap are severe enough that it’s a hard cap for all intents and purposes.

18. dknash

dknash Chieftain

JRob got an extension through 2027 in the offseason and the team is making the playoffs. I'm assuming ownership was apprised of the AJ Brown contract discussions, and Treylon Burks has looked OK when healthy. Either way, those would be reasons to fire a GM after the season, not during. Something happened behind the scenes, IMO.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Mayfield was with the Rams all of 48 hours and had a 98 yard game winning drive?

Geez.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's fool's gold