NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 18, 2014.

1. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Burdy back in even though he likely can't even feel his arm.

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He is a warrior. Guy will play through anything to try and win.

3. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

If he can’t throw they might as well just go wildcat. I don’t get putting him back in just to hand off every down

4. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Am I insane for thinking you have to put Deebo in Wildcat? Not like he's inexperienced running Wildcat-esque plays for the 49ers. We've all seen him do electrifying things from that formation before. I just don't understand why nobody is even suggesting that.

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Or Purdy could play and throw like has been doing on the sideline. They had time a halftime to look him over and he didn't come out in a brace or out of pads so I am guessing it's not real serious. The hit didn't look very bad. Most of their plays are short passes anyways.

6. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

If the Bengals or Chiefs let this Eagles team win the Super Bowl their franchise should be abolished immediately when the clock hits zero.

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I don’t really think it matters at this point. Not going to beat the best defense with a 3rd string QB who can’t grip the ball and is only in because the 4th string QB is concussed.

But yeah, at least try something else.

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Now they’re just doing dumb shit trying to make something happen.

9. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Agreed. It doesn't matter ulimately because this game is toaster strudles barring Hurts throwing 3 pick sixes in the final 17 minutes of this game. Which ain't happening.

But still. Try something. Anything

10. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Looked like he was pretty much pushed into the punter. Don’t like that call.

11. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

It just expediting the inevitable if anything. This game is officially curtains. Hopefully the football gods bless us with a dandy in the AFC game.

12. yont sum iss?

I know this one is a little different, but Kyle Shanahan in big games…some stinkers.

13. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Pretty sure any question as to whether or not Purdy can throw have been answered at this point

Now why he’s in the game? Couldn’t tell you

14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I didn’t think anything could make me cheer for the Chiefs

Philly making it to the Super Bowl could make me cheer for the Chiefs

zehr27 likes this.
  15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This Philly team will roll either AFC team. They have pretty well man handled the best D I have seen in a long time. Granted the refs helped a bit but they have bullied an outstanding defense.

16. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Let’s hope not

[uck fay] that whole city

justingroves and zehr27 like this.
  17. yont sum iss?

No they won’t.

18. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Seriously, if Purdy can’t throw, which he clearly can’t, what’s the point in not going Wildcat?

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Good question

20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I guess you add one more running threat but we just saw that running is damn near impossible when the Eagles know it’s coming.