NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

they had a down opponent who lost their qb and already out of the playoffs on the ropes. Just wouldn’t have gone over well with me and I recall a couple players saying something as well.
    Reality is I just want KC knocked down a rung, but now don’t want Philly to win either.

2. Ssmiff

Watched another angle of that penalty and it’s really not a big push. Mahomes left leg gets clipped inadvertently and he trips himself. Then the embellishment came in.
    After further review, I don’t think they should have called it. Made much worse by Mahomes left leg tripping himself.

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

If the other team didn’t like the ring around the rosey play then they should have stopped them on the play, like they are paid to do.

4. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Brady to the Titans rumor mill swirling on Nashville sports talk today. The idea of theoretically having to cheer for Brady next year could not be anymore emotionally conflicting

5. Ssmiff

went thru this 2 years ago when Gisele was supposedly house hunting in Nashville.

6. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Aaron Rogers coming too. This time will be even more fun

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Are the Titans really a Brady or Rogers away from a super bowl? Not say they aren't, legitimately asking.

8. Ssmiff

no. They are 2 Wrs, a TE, 4 OL, 2 DEs, an lb and 2 cbs away

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Yeah the problem here is that I think by the time you get to the late hit call (which I agree was correct), people are going to be skeptical of it because the rest of the day was just a shit show of terrible and inconsistent officiating.

justingroves likes this.
  10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

No

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Gisele may have, it's clear Brady didn't care

12. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Torn UCL for Purdy

13. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Unless this new GM pulls a 2021 ATL Braves level of GM sorcery, nope. Maybe if they had AJ Brown still to help keep defenses off balance since Derrick Henry is still a freight train of a RB. However we saw how Rogers fared last year without a beastly WR like Adams. And if Brady couldn't make it click with Mike Evans, Godwin, ect this year, he'll really kill it and love throwing it around the yard to an injury prone Burke, Cody freaking Hollister, Robert "I should have retired two years ago" Woods, and Racey McGrath. Nevermind the fact our pass protection was Bengals-esque booty cheeks all year long. Outside of having Derrick Henry as a comfort blanket, it's not exactly the ideal situation currently for a 45 year old QB to step into.

14. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Derrick Henry amassing 1500+ rushing yards and 2000 yards (well 1986 to be exact) total yards of offense behind *that line* we had last year in 16 games he played (he sat out 1 game the week before the finale vs Jax) against fully stacked boxes that KNEW without a shadow of a doubt he was going to carry the ball was the only true impressive thing I saw from the Titans last year. One could argue his overall efforts this past year was more impressive than his 2000 yard season when the Titans had like the #3 total offense in the NFL a couple years ago.

Still though...as generationally awesome and fun it is to watch a talent like DH tote the rock, Titans can't win a SB with ONLY him anchoring the offense.

15. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

They could win a Super Bowl ez pz. Trade for D-Hop, get him back on the juice with everyone else, profit.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Im not saying I love it but in the NFL in 2023 they are calling that every time.

17. Ssmiff

I know. Just looked a lot worse initially than it really was

18. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

Isn’t every celebrity house hunting in Nashville these days?

19. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Aaron Rodgers supposedly plans to live in Nashville full time post playing career. They said on the radio he is building a house in Nashville now. And there’s a clip of him on Twitter circulating of him being spotted in the Nashville this week randomly playing chess at a restaurant. What, if anything, this has to do with the Titans potentially? Who knows what our new GM will attempt to do. But I’ll ultimately be very surprised if he actually becomes a Titan. Just don’t see it as a good football fit for him all things considered.

Edit: adding the video of AR in Nash going around on Twitter

Last edited: Jan 30, 2023
  20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Why would you want Brady now anyway? Dude is going to be 46 and cannot throw down field