Norvell at FSU

Discussion in 'Sports' started by justingroves, Jun 4, 2020.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

gotta do the work, coach.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Lordy how can you be that stupid.

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

When virtue signaling goes wrong

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Coach would have been better just to not say anything.

Wasn’t it FSU who ‘shopped the image over MLK a few years ago, and created a mini-scandal?

NorrisAlan likes this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

He misread the room. Standing up against murder isn't a virtue, it is the bare minimum structure of a human society. Thou shalt not kill. The 2 dimensional virtue signaling stuff is a damn risky move at this point in time.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

He didn't tell that reporter that he meet with every individual player because he was standing up against murder.

He lied about it to virtue signal to the public. If only his black players would have kept their mouth shut about his lie.

No one likes what happened to Floyd or supported that cop from what I saw.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

We have no disagreement on this, at least on my part.

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

At least 0.1% of my Facebook feed disagrees at least on supporting the cop.

10. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Jesus. Has there been a more dysfunctional locker room in America over the last 5 years?

Norvell obviously in the wrong here for doing one thing and parading around as if he’d done another. But damn...how do you take this kind of obvious division and set it all aside to focus in unity on a common goal, in a matter of weeks. Train wreck.

11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Did Dave Hart go back?

hohenfelsvol and JT5 like this.
  12. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

And this on the heels of FSU firing a black HC after not even giving him two full seasons on the job. (I think he deserved to be fired, but it makes the optics even worse.)

13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Coaches that lie to their players don't tend to get much buy-in. They should seriously consider cutting ties now.

utvol0427 and NorrisAlan like this.
  14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

wait you mean all these coaches really don't care deeply about the BLM movement?

15. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Problem is buying him out now could bankrupt them after all the lost revenue from covid, on top of the Taggart buyout. I suppose they could argue that it’s for cause, but I imagine Norvell would sue if they did.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he'll just go on the apology tour

Tenacious D likes this.
  17. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Who would they then get, on the heels of firing Taggart in >2 seasons, hiring / firing this guy for lying and crushing the locker room, all while being sued / suing him on the way out the door?

They’re stuck together, IMO.

18. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Yep. The only realistic option for FSU right now is to pray that he can dig himself out of this hole.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Sounds like the FSU program needs a caretaker more than it does a coach right now.

lumberjack4, Volst53 and utvol0427 like this.
  20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Some people wondered why he wasn't given a shot at a big job sooner. Turns out, it was because he is [uck fay]ing stupid.