Not buttchugging, but getting play out West

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, May 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. IP

IP Super Moderator

2. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Worse, imo. Buttchugging isn't a crime (go ahead and print up the stickers and T shirts NYY, that ones on the house!!)... Trashing a national park IS a crime.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

National Forest, but point taken.

4. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

That's a weird measurement for garbage.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Should be in acre-feet, I guess.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

How the hell did they tote in all that stuff and then just leave it there? Tents included! Hmm...I wonder if drugs and alcohol were involved? Naaaaah.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's on an island in the reservoir, so they boated it in.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yes, but I wasn't really pondering the logistics of it, but more of the "Man, this was a ton heavier when we came in and now it weighs nothing" aspect. Of course, my dad beat me like a rented mule when I was little for throwing a banana peel into the canal we were fishing at near Lake Okeechobee, so it has been drilled into me not to litter or just leave crap laying around.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

We were allowed to throw fruit bits into the bushes, but they had to be far out of sight and away from paths. The animals will get them.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah, fruit and bread were fair game. Anything else got you in trouble

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's state law in Alaska that cleaned fish and fish guts be placed in the water, not on land. Keeps the bears from associating people hangouts with salmon. In New Mexico and Idaho, we'd put them on top of bushes and watch hawks and eagles carry them off.

12. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Not if you're using a 30 or 40 yard dumpster to haul off the waste.

13. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

But yard is a linear measurement. Wouldn't a volume measurement like cubic yards/ft make more sense?

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's awesome.

There's a bald eagle that sometimes beats the dog to dead ducks on our lease. Whenever it decides to come out, it's a race

15. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

"Yard" is used alone for volume in most cases.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Is it like a cubic yard?

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I deal with cubic yards a lot doing site work

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

My son is a whiz on a Rubiks Cube - 2x or 3x.

Last edited: May 24, 2016
  19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

This doesn't surprise me. I've seen it before in Townsend. We used to float the river, 6 or 7 of us, all the time with a cooler of beers, having a good time, not bothering anybody. We'd collect our empties and toss in the can at the pick up spot.

Well, eventually the frats and sorostitites figured out this was a good mixer event. One summer of sunk beers cans, littered banks and kids puking in yards ended all of that. It was pretty disgusting. Bottom line is a bunch of college kids get together and they turn into ****ing idiots.

These OU kids probably didn't pay for any of that shit, so who cares right? I'm sure the AXA or whatever is was powers that be are thrilled with the "wanna do blow" cooler. I imagine that went over well.

20. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Happens far too often, good spots end up getting very heavy handed with "fun enforcement" because ********s don't understand that cleaning up after themselves is part of the deal. Nothing worse than wandering the woods and finding a fire pit with enough cans scattered on the ground to build a destroyer