Now, you are ready for the truth: Fire Dooley.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by The Last Vol, Nov 13, 2011.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He's got talent disparity excuses going for him in his other losses, but I've got to think if Vandy beats him, especially by a few scores, it's going to raise a lot of doubts.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

And just for reference, if we only calculate our rushing average using the last 5 games, when we supposedly took a step forward, we'd still only be good enough for 112th in the NCAA and dead last in the SEC by a good 30ypg.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

The rushing problem is truly alarming. It should not be this hard.

I will say we hurt ourselves with those BS sweeps for no gain that we run 5 times a game.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

At this point, the next one needs to go for an 80 yard TD to make that play break even.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Curt Maggitt is a future stud. AJ Johnson will look 10x better in the middle next year. Randolph is learning but seems to be a good player. Smith and Walls aren't bad, but they aren't great.

Hunter, Da'Rick, Bray and Rivera could play for any school in the country. The OL showed a lot more talent last year. They have regressed. Literally, everyone with the exception of Bullard and Jackson saw a ton of PT last year and looked pretty damn good. I do not know how they go from an okay but young group to a terrible and more experienced group.

Lane is either going to get use to the physicality of the college game or be a role player, same as Neal. Arnett has shown flashes of being an above average WR.

6. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Yep. Wilson ball flies 5 yards less than the Nike ball. Damn you Adidas.....

7. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

see my follow up to that statement. There are players that will be good, but just aren't right now. I'm specifically talking about players that will be a complete game changer. If Bray starts Saturday, he's the only one on this team right now. Hunter was another and Jackson would have been one. Rivera is fabulous, but can only do so much. Maggitt just gets better and better, but he's still learning. I could go on, but I'd just be repeating myself from earlier.

8. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

And about 15 degrees less straight, apparently.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes, the Adidas logo isn't as aerodynamic as the Nike swoosh, you see.

10. I hate that play with passion.

11. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

He's scientist ya'll he should know.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah you pretty much said the same thing I did. I have given up on this season. There is no reason Tennessee shouldn't finish 6-6. They'll go to a bowl, we'll hear about Hunter's knee getting better and we'll all say 2012 is the year.

13. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

2012 is the year that legit excuses are less legit. 8 wins or bust.

14. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Real juggernauts right there, buddy.

15. kidbourbon

Here is the bottom line: I don't think Dooley is a great coach. It would have been great if Hamilton had hired a better coach after Kiffin dipped out, but he didn't. But even though I am fully cognizant of the fact that our coach isn't that great, getting rid of him right now is a far far far worse option for the program than keeping him. I'm sure I will write something similar to this in response to the hundreds of threads such as this that will periodically pop up. Perhaps I should assign a keyboard shortcut.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

A much more intriguing game than the upcoming Vandy/UT clash this Saturday, in which we our being the dog is apparently justified by youth.

17. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I agree 100% and it is pretty much my feeling on the whole situation. I dont think Dooley is capable of winning in the SEC, but firing him now or anytime before the end of the 2012 season would do more harm than good at this point. We have been fairly ok with recruiting and building a bit of stability which is what has crippled the program the last couple of years. Let him stay for next year and if he doesnt produce, then make the move after 2012 and when he has established a bit more stability for the program.

18. kidbourbon

I know Arizona State football games always keep me on the edge of my seat.

FWIW, my juggernaut comment had nothing to do with Tennessee or why we suck. I was just pointing out that maybe Arizona St. / WashU weren't the best examples to support what the poster was saying.

19. kidbourbon

zactly.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think it works fine for this weekend. If we blow it against the 'Dores and Dooley trots out the youth or experience excuse, he needs to hung by his ankles from the Torchbearer for a weekend.