Now, you are ready for the truth: Fire Dooley.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by The Last Vol, Nov 13, 2011.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes.

He'll ride Bray's arm for another year or two, winning 8 or 9 ball games in the process (maybe get lucky and play for the SEC Title) and then he'll be gone.

If he wins less than 8 next year, he will be asked to leave.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

By asked you mean ran from the city limits of Knoxville with citizens carrying torches and pitchforks?

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They'll be driving moving trucks

4. CAVPUT

CAVPUT New Member

BS. The guy needs a chance to restock this roster. Once he graduates his first class, we'll have a better idea of what we have in DD. To make judgments at this point is ridiculous and unfair.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Since when were fans not ridiculous and not unfair?

6. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

He's obviously not going to be fired right now, but it's silly to think we have to wait until he graduates his first class.

We'll have a pretty damn good idea of what coach we have next year.

7. CAVPUT

CAVPUT New Member

It's the internet age. Wasn't always that way.

8. CAVPUT

CAVPUT New Member

Silly? Why is that the case? Let him have a roster filled with his players running his system with experience. At that point, we know who and what we have with DD. Next year will see a roster that's still incomplete and inexperienced. DD will still be counting on either another staff's recruits or his own, younger/inexperienced players. I don't think you can make a realistic assessment on Dooley until his kids become upperclassmen. Those will be his players...in a position of leadership. The roster will be all his. This will then be his product. Right now the program is in transition.

9. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

It's pretty simple. UT won 6 in his first year. If he's still hovering around 6 in 2012 with a better roster, an easier schedule, and more experience, it probably means he sucks.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  10. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

It's not just silly to think that it will take until he graduates his first class to see if he can coach or not, it's complete bullshit. I am not a fire him now guy, but if he can't win 8 games next year, he needs to be shown the door. Bray, Hunter, and Rogers are more than likely 3 year players. If he can't win with that talent next year, there's not a snowball's chance that he will win without them in his 4th year. The excuses end next year. Get it done in 2012 or get to stepping because you aren't the guy for the job. End of story.

11. =rpvol=

=rpvol= Member

it's great for all the fans to rally around their teams coach and all, but at what point do the dooley supporters ask themselves "what has this guy ever done since he has been a head coach in the NCAA?".

i want him to succeed here, but he still has yet to show me he has the skill set as a coach to win at this level. 9 wins next season, or its time to move on imo.

12. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Agree with all of this.

I'm not normally the type who would be classified as a delusional optimist, but I really think this team can compete next year if the coaching staff is competent and we can get a couple of those defensive linemen we're recruiting.

13. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Also, it's funny to see Last Vol trying to act like he's smarter than everyone else despite the fact he was predicting 3-9.

14. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

What was your prediction for the Cincy game again?

15. The Last Vol

The Last Vol New Member

Which team has a far better record, has been ranked this season, and in every stat category is better? Exactly.

I may have been wrong about the outcome, but not about which team was going to be better. You are what your record says you are. Cincy is a winner. Tennessee under Dooley is a loser.

16. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

You only missed it by 3 touchdowns.

17. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

He was actually off by 33 points.

18. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

19. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Also, how the hell do I make a big picture?

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Whoa, the OP went from the crazy kook to the mainstream.