NSD Thread

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by NEW COACH, Feb 6, 2019.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

2. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Which is weird because Auburn supposedly signed him yesterday....usually you don’t go juco until at least after the spring semester, right?

I’d like to know this story

3. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

9 walk ons

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tennessee got some walk ons that probably could have played at a CUSA level

5. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

That doesn’t count towards the recruiting class numbers

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

We have a couple dual sport athletes that could have camped harder and hyped themselves.
    6'2 225 kid sub 4.6 kid from Alabama looks like he played out of position amd coached poorly. Then add 38 inch vertical

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  7. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I'm just saying. He hasn't done anything to erase all doubt. I still think he's got to be the guy, but I'm not going to be convinced by a coordinator hire and a good finish to a recruiting class.

A-Smith likes this.
  8. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

He burned a lot of good will losing to Missouri and Vanderbilt. Especially the Vanderbilt game but I’m gonna go out on a limb here and predict that Mason won’t be doing any more dancing at our expense.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm messing with you. The end of the season was disastrous.

10. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I get that and the way that team finished the season was embarrassing. But I see CP is flipping the roster as fast as he can, recruiting winners and guys that won't lay down so that should ultimately contribute to his overall success here. Key word should. I have to admit I was almost off the fence on to the CP side after the wins over AU and UTK, but the way we puttered to the finish line at the end of the season put me right back on. I'll still need more proof, but a gut feeling makes me believe he will do well here. I'm trying to be objective but we've been shitty for so long, I'm hoping the gut feeling isn't me just wanting us to be good again and rationalizing that CP is the guy. I'll say this though, I'm excited about Tennessee football again.

11. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

So butch level recruits, with the difference being that CP didn't burn a scholarship on them. I'm good with that.

Memtownvol likes this.
  12. Ssmiff

We have zero nfl draft picks this year. Maybe none next year. Havent looked. We got beat up during the gauntlet and played better teams down the stretch that had better OL play, better QB play and more nfl players on the field. Mizzou and Vandy were better. Really good qbs help. If we had Lock last year and Mizzou has JG, does Mizzou blow us out? Hell naw

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I know we don't agree, but I don't think Lock does shit here last year. Statistically, wasn't JG one of the top 5 QB's in the conference? That line performed atrociously. There's only so much that a QB can do.

14. Ssmiff

Cant argue about the line. But as i also posted pics here, wide open wrs and jg with time meant 10 yard underthrows. Clean pockets equaled stagnant footwork and a sack taken without taking 1 step up.
    Lock gets rid of the ball, can move, and equally importantly, check into a good play at the line and get out of one, an asset we didnt possess

15. Savage Orange

I’m looking for a big leap forward out of JG now that there’s some legit coaching on The Hill... he was hit or miss (mainly miss...) last year but I account some of that to getting used to actually being coached. Now that he’s had a minute to acclimate I predict much greater things out of him in the coming season.

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

[​IMG]
    Jmo

snoball5278, kmf600 and Savage Orange like this.
  17. Savage Orange

Accurate... and fair. Btw, those are some sweet shades!!

18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

19. Savage Orange

Memtownvol and warhammer like this.
  20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Drew Lock is [uck fay]ing horrible.