POLITICS NY Republican Congressman Indicted for Securities Fraud

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by emainvol, Aug 8, 2018.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Drain the Swamp!

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Pfft.

Little insider trading never hurt nobody. Company ain't even American.

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Only the best people...

We need a running list of all the reptiles in the president's orbit who either have been/are under investigation/charged/convicted of swampy behavior. These are the folks who jumped all over that drain the swamp thingy.

I'll list a few off the top of my head:

1. Paul Manafort- former campaign manager completely in over his head with money/tax/bank fraud charges and Russians, and general piece of alligator shit
    STATUS: on trial for the above mentioned crimes with so much paper evidence that an entire redwood forest couldn't have supplied enough pulp to create. Faces another trial out of the Eastern District of Virginia in Sept.

2. Rick Gates- former deputy campaign chairman, key transition team member, deputy chairman of Trump's inaugural committee, and one of the founders of a "nonprofit", America First Policies (I guess except for paying taxes, national security, and such things)
    STAUS: Has pleaded guilty to 2 counts (1 count of lying to federal authorities & 1 count of conspiracy to defraud the United States). Currently under a plea deal with the special prosecutor where he must fully cooperate in all matters. Currently a prosecution witness in Paul Manafort's 1st trial in DC. Yet to be sentenced.

3. Michael Cohen- former personal "lawyer", read, fixer, of the president. As reported by The Wall Street Journal yesterday, Cohen is under investigation by prosecutors out of The Southern District of New York for tax fraud related to his taxi medallion business. Intimately involved in paying hush money to at least 3 women, 2 on behalf of the president (Karen McDougal & Stormy Daniels) & one (Shera Bechard) on behalf of GOP finance committee executive, Elliott Broidy who paid hush money to the above former Playboy playmate to cover up an affair & an abortion).
    STATUS: Under investigation. Openly fueding with the president & appears to be seeking a cooperation agreement with prosecutors.

4. Former EPA Director Scott Pruitt- There are so many investigations underway over this piece of work's shenanigans, I will only provide a link to provide a list: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-of-the-scott-pruitt-investigations-quicktake

5. Secretary of the Interior Ryan Zinke- 14 internal investigations are underway looking into this guy. For brevity, I'll once again provide a link:

6. Former (fired) HHS Secretary Tom Price- Travel scandals & questions about insdier trading

7. HUD Secretary Ben Carson- extravagant spending/family involvement in his department
    STATUS: Carson himself called for an independent investigation.

8. Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross- currently under investigation for failing to disclose all financial holdings after a complaint filed by CREW. There was something else that came up in the last 2 or 3 days. Haven't looked it up.

9. Energy Secretary Rick Perry- Perry is facing a complaint for improperly firing an employee for leaking photos/information regarding secret meeting(s) with a coal company executive.

10. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin- questionable travel using military flights.
    STATUS: no longer under investigation. Probe found that"Just because something is legal doesn't make it right." Mnuchin reimbursed govt for travel.

11. Chris Collins- early & enthusiastic Trump backer. see emain's article link

Feel free to add more when another surfaces or if I've missed one or twenty.

Drain the swamp??? Yeah. If you fell for that one, want to buy a bridge I own? How about my oceanfront home in the beautiful hills of Northeastern Tennessee?

Not only is the swamp not being drained, multiple layers have been added and quite brazenly so.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/15/trump-cabinet-officials-in-ethics-scandals.html

6. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I guess that's it, we should just remove all of the executive branch and start over with all good guys

emainvol likes this.
  7. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Agreed

JayVols likes this.
  8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

That's a damn swell idea

JayVols likes this.
  9. JayVols

Could just continue to buy all the lies, do nothing because "everbody does it", and/or continue to fiercely defend all this shit in spite of what is happening.

Either/or.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I didn't realize the depth of the list

11. JayVols

There's more.

Got tired of typing.

The ghosts of the Grant Administration are green with envy.

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Sounds good to me.

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

How about we get rid of the massively inflated number of politicians in general?

Joseph Brant and justingroves like this.
  14. JayVols

Depends on what you mean by this.

If by fewer representatives, that basically less say in govt through less representation.

15. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Whatever gives me less government... roll with it.

zehr27 and kmf600 like this.
  16. JayVols

Less representation equals more govt control.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

A monarchy is the smallest of governments

JayVols and emainvol like this.
  18. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

There should be something like 10000 members of the House of Representatives

Would hate to take roll call vote

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

We are at a point where direct representation is practical

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

But would be a better representation of the people. Which it wouldn't be that hard to a roll call with modern technology.