POLITICS NY Times

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Jun 8, 2020.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

A-Smith likes this.
  2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I was listening to Tim Pool and he was talking about this and the professor that got fired because he wouldn't grade on a curve because of skin color.

Talked about how SJW's get into these organizations and hollow them out from the inside till they're wearing the skin of the organization as a trophy.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I’m for any effort that puts the NYT out of its misery.

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Use to be the gold standard of journalism in the world.

5. CardinalVol

Times have changed.

Not even sure what the gold standard is now.

Volst53 likes this.
  6. Tenacious D

And now liberals have made it gooder.

As they tend to do with everything.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I didn’t read the Cotton editorial but to melt down over Tom Cotton with some of the names they’ve published before...

8. cpninja

cpninja Member

surprised this was the straw that broke his back

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Wall Street journal

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

The Bee, obviously

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

AtoZ sports

12. Tenacious D

This is probably true.

13. CardinalVol

Probably so.

I just can't make myself cut the check to subscribe. Former firm never updated the username or password so I used it for 7 years after I left and now can't make myself spend money to buy it.

14. Tenacious D

It’s not about Trump, but who he brings forth.

Cotton with the elbow.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

one of the few newspapers these days that actually provides new and original content.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yikes

17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The Times is still the standard despite the consternations of conservatives. This was an opinion piece, not news, and the advocacy by a senator to send a large wave a the military against American protestors was a good stand for the writers of the paper to take.

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

So the gold standard lets presidential campaigns have editorial powers and change stories because they don't like it

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

We could get into the various aspects of how or why the Times is this or that, or whether what you say it's accurate. However, if it is accurate, just the idea a presidential candidate would choose the Times suggests the status it has anyway. The Times would be the pinnacle for nearly any journalist and the paper has the most clout nationally and internationally.

So, like I said, the rest is consternation. Any idea this is going to be the straw which breaks the camel's back is silly, wishful thinking. Now, it's not as big as it once was, but no news source is after thr internet has fractured journalistic sources into a million tiny parts.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'll mark you down for, "it is okay to call for the military to indiscriminately engage American citizens on the street." Libertarianism for me, authoritarianism for thee, I guess.

Someone is going to need to go to the Tiananmen Square thread and give the Senator Cotton CCP defense of why they did nothing wrong.