Obama Admin Lies About Paying Ransom to Iran

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Aug 3, 2016.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

IP and Lochte know how to spin a story.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Spinning it would be taking the release of us citizens and calling it a ransom because we also paid a legitimate debt while engaging in diplomatic exchange for the first time in decades. That's spin. If it isn't spin, where was this outrage in January? No new info came out.

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Preach it Lochte; somebody might believe you.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not even remotely accurate. You're better than this.

5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Not really; I am watching the jackass right now continue to spin his stupid shit.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm watching as well.

7. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

All this side story stuff really doesn't take the spotlight off your boy.

What was a "good week" for Trump is an average week (minus the need for apology) for every other politician since Caesar.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Wasn't a ransom. Just one of those typical situations where they were holding something that was ours against our will and wouldn't release it without us paying them. Totally different.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

No no, you missed it. This was separate from the 400m. They were going to be released anyway. The two deals just so conveniently happened to be negotiated at the same time.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Exactly. We were enormously compelled to repay that debt. We've been falling over ourselves for years to pay it.

So, we've got this politically minded sack of turds in the WH with an even dumber SoS and they wouldn't have avoided the optics of the ransom if the could have?

Willful stupidity from the condescending one.

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Without a doubt.

12. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

So, we're the one nation that can decide not to abide by decisions made by a body we agreed to allow to decide international disputes?

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Oh, that makes perfect sense. I don't see how anyone could mistake it for a ransom

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Horsecrap. We owe nothing to people taking hostages and we are justified in doing so. Without doubt.

15. hatvol96

Except that a body we agreed long ago to arbitrate such disputes said we owed them their money. It's Rounders: "Pay that man his money."

16. hatvol96

I love that logic. "We don't have to abide by court decisions because of unrelated issues that piss us off." That'll work.

17. hatvol96

Which in no way changes the fact a body we gave the authority to make such decisions said we owe the money. I love the idea that we get to pick and choose when we abide by decisions made by a hand picked court.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Except the agreement was settled out of court.

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

It isn't a freaking court. The logic says if you take my hostages, forgiving my debt is the best thing that might happen to you.

The logic that bows to the mullahs is for losers.

20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

We haven't given any body anything binding.

You about to tell me why the delay?