Obama just got punked

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Oct 3, 2012.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

He looked like he had been only reading Huffington Post and the Daily Kos the last 4 years. Romney moved and jabbed all around him, I feel like.

And he looked pissed.

Could be a whole new ball game.

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Even MSNBC is slamming Obama.

I take it you did not get in.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

You serious, Clark?

Didn't see a moment of it, so serious question.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Good lord! That must be like watching the Teamsters beat up a group of shiftless workers for being overpaid.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Don't think it will matter much. There was enough insinuating that the other guy was lying that I think a casual observer will just believe the opposition is making stuff up.

6. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

It wasn't as bad for Obama as they are making it. But it won't matter. The media hated it and even PBS is having a hard time playing neutral. True story.

Also, Romney walked into Colorado and said COAL three times at the top of his lungs. Obama. Said. Nothing. In. Response.

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

The only way it could have gone better for Romney is if Obama came out and admitted he is a Fascist.

8. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Also, this is two meh performances for Obama in a row. They better hope Uncle Joe has done his homework against Ryan.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

This sums it up. He seemed to respond to the wrong things, and ignore the critical ones. For those that don't know, Colorado is an energy state in a big way. Tons of wind farms, solar is coming in big, and a little hydro-electric.

And huge amounts of coal. And more oil in shale and sand than in Saudi Arabia. And it is pock-marked with natural gas like a ginger's freckled ass. Many people make money in various ways off of energy in this state.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

He accidentally said "everyone gets their fair share" before correcting himself to "gives." Between the two, it was a major face palm.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh, please. It'd be better to just surrender an hour of speaking from Ryan and not risk it.

12. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Romney was lying. It is how he debates.

13. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Romney was lying. It is how he debates.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm left leaning, let's face it. BUT:

1) Lying is so strong a word as to be ironic.

2) I agree that Romney wasn't laying out much substance to his own policies, but he landed jabs all over Obama and Obama failed to return the favor. Where was the 47 % invocation? Where was the revisiting of major policy position changes over the last 4 and 10 years? C'mon, man. Obama walked into this unprepared.

15. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Look, this is the guy that got drubbed by Sarah Palin last go round. No one watches VP debates so it doesn't matter, but you don't want to have a narrative written about your campaign and all the reasons it is going south in the middle of October. Shore that ship up and beat the guy is all I'm saying

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

A tall order. Might as well tell Dooley to get his team a ring.

17. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Oh yes, and the beacon of truth was standing a few feet to his left...

Rain is wet, bama cheats, and politicians lie.

19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Debate was too high-brow to hold people's attention. It wasn't rocket science, but there was a lot more policy minutia being discussed that usual. Not a game-changer.

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

No matter the subject Romney turned it to creating jobs.