Obama - Normalizing Cuban Relations

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by NorrisAlan, Dec 17, 2014.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

who said it's critical to foreign policies? I'm simply suggesting the un vote means nothing, which it does.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

You really don't think it's, at the very least, some kind of indicator as to these countries position on the Cuban embargo?

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

no

4. Unimane

So, let me get this straight. These countries do have a problem with the ending of the embargo, but have just thrown up the smokescreen of voting for it to end in the UN, repeatedly, and won't say anything publicly criticizing the decision. However, again, secretly, there is a serious concern or problem with the new attitude taken by the US government? Is this what you are thinking?

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you don't seem to understand my point. I'm not suggesting they really are in favor of the embargo, I'm suggesting how they vote at the UN is completely meaningless. this isn't that complicated.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I will be honest, Droski, you are confusing the hell out of me on this.

7. Unimane

Meaningless? I don't see why they would bother. It's not as if the UN is some irrelevant body that isn't an arena to push and make public the positions of countries on various issues.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

my original post had nothing to do with cuba, it was simply remarking that i found it humorous he was using how the UN voted as some sort of barometer of world opinion. personally i don't give two shits about cuba

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

what? that's exactly what it is.

10. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

It would be nice if the UN could do more than publicly finger point.

11. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

When was the last time the UN actually had an impact on a world event?

Adlai Stevenson?

[video=youtube;xgR8NjNw__I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgR8NjNw__I[/video]

12. Unimane

Really? So, where was it that we made our case for the war in Iraq to the rest of the world? It's not exactly the most powerful organization in the world, but I would hardly call it irrelevant.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

doesn't look like the UN to me. . .

[video=youtube;WejYdT3Lof8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WejYdT3Lof8[/video]

14. Unimane

This does...

[video=youtube;zESgMAH1JyY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zESgMAH1JyY[/video]

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

seems like he'd go himself if world opinion was in the balance no?

16. Unimane

We send our Secretary of State to "irrelevant" organizations?

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

all the time. vice president too.

18. Unimane

To make the case for war to the international community? We chose the UN for that advancement just for shits and giggles? They must have had some thinking that the UN was a little above "irrelevant".

19. Unimane

Also, I seem to remember that one of the major justifications for war in Iraq were its violations of UN sanctions. Kind of odd that we would do so for such an irrelevant organization.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'm not sure how a dog and pony show means anything.