Of Picket Fences and Shining Moments. It's time.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hallowed_hill, Mar 15, 2012.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You have, it's Ted Valentine

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Hoosiers.

that is all.

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I actually thought the officiating was good in the first half of the Vandy game, but the second half was utter garbage. That said, it was bad both ways.

Still, if we use Cuse v UNCA as a reference point, its hard to call the officiating bad in any other game. Some of the calls in that one were just flat out criminal (and no, the lane violation is not what I am talking about).

4. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

There was a pretty bad out of bounds call in the last 30 seconds of the Ohio/Michigan game (which benefitted Michigan and ended up not mattering), but I haven't seen anything on the level of that goaltend yet. Alabama not getting FTs against Creighton was pretty bad, but not that bad. And the second half of the Vandy game was definitely the Anthony Jordan Random Foul Generator(TM)

5. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I need some Louisville and Wisconsin wins tonight.

6. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Tough loss for my badgers. What a great game. I always hate when teams dont at least make a move toward the basket as time is expiring.

7. hardwoodfanatic

hardwoodfanatic New Member

20 seconds and a time-out in your pocket, kind of dissapointed that Bo settled for that kind of shot.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Was definitely a pro for the "use the timeout to set up the play" crowd for sure.

When it hit 10 seconds and that was going nowhere he should have used it. Didn't see the presser, but I wonder if he forgot he had it. I get letting them play through, but if you have one and your offense is in complete chaos, use it.

9. hardwoodfanatic

hardwoodfanatic New Member

Either way, no excuse. They were only down by one, the ball has to go into the paint, somehow. Give yourself the chance to shoot FT's or at least get an offensive put back. That is a scenario that should be memorized.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

You are preaching to the choir. I friggin hate guards who hold the ball trying to take the last shot and end up throwing up what the Badgers did last night. It needs to be in the lane with a shot with 5 seconds left or so to give you time in case it's missed. It was completely and totally botched.

11. hallowed_hill

I agree with both of you about needing to drive the ball. I was really frustrated that they didnt. That being said, I get what they were doing. They'd barely touched the paint in the 2nd half. That shot is taylor's m.o. He hit a bunch of them in his career, the vandy game being one of them.

12. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Watching this UNC game hosted at the Edward Jones Dome is bringing back some great 2010 memories.

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

sad about the Indiana loss but excited about where the program is going. i don't even know where next year's class is going to find minutes and i've seen them in the top 10 across the board.

14. hallowed_hill

As expected, I got that sinking feeling last night knowing that I don't care about or despise each remaining team in the tournament. Hoping Kansas, Syracuse, or Ohio St pull it out...i guess?

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm rooting for UL now. They got the Kure. Plus i hate UK so it just makes sense.

16. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

My lone horse Kansas is still in this

17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Dammit, this is all set up for Kentucky. If Calipari doesn't win this year, he never will as all the breaks are going his way. Kentucky has pulled off some absurd stretches, like today, when they didn't miss a shot for ten [uck fay]ing minutes. Then, their two biggest threats, in terms of talent, Syracuse and North Carolina, lose their key components and fall in the Elite 8, leaving some good teams, but nothing that makes me think the Wildcats will not win two more games.

And, that just sucks, because I hate those [uck fay]ing cheaters from the north.

18. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

95th percentile on ESPN. I'm actually surprised because my bracket doesn't really look all that special overall.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Hopefully UL has a little more luck on their side and can somehow pull the upset.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm right around there with two as well. One ranked around 250,000th, and the other ranked around 200,000th. Both of them have the same championship game and winner, so if that outcome plays out, they will probably end up around the 98th percentile, i believe. I was really surprised.