Of Picket Fences and Shining Moments. It's time.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hallowed_hill, Mar 15, 2012.

1. hardwoodfanatic

hardwoodfanatic New Member

Why, Ed Bailey, does this mean we aren't friends anymore?

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

It's a bad time to be married into a damned UK family. I hate you bastards.

3. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I feel the same damned way.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm cheering for a civil war in the state of KY this week. That's all I got.

5. cotton

Isn't a fair fight. By my count, UK fans outnumber UofL fans 2 to 1, and that is only within the Louisville city limits.

6. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I think that a fully healthy UNC could have won this thing this year. That was my pick.

I only have 2 of the final four. Missouri was out and was obviously a stupid pick in retrospect. I still like the UNC pick - stupid broken wrist. I'm still in the 88th percentile in ESPN, which I'll be dropping fast. I was winning both of the ESPN groups I'm in until last night.

In a separate paper pool, there is a girl at work that is going to blow this thing out of the water. She had Kentucky, Missouri, Ohio State, and Kansas in the final four. Kentucky winning it all. I think she'll nail it.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Idk about UNC. UK would be hard to beat even if they were fully healthy.

8. hardwoodfanatic

hardwoodfanatic New Member

All is right in the world.

9. TennTradition

It certainly wouldn't be a gimme.

10. cotton

The best team doesn't always win. That being said, UNC, Syracuse, and UK are the three best teams in the country by a decent margin when all are at full strength. Cuse and UNC weren't at full strength, which makes it Kentucky's to lose.

I think of the other three contenders, OSU is the most complete team, but at this point, Kentucky has to be the clear favorite. I think UNC with Marshall or Syaracuse with Melo was a pick'em with UK.

11. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

UNC doesn't play anywhere near the defense that Kentucky does. They would have beaten Kansas with Marshall, but each of the next two games would have given them a lot of trouble and I really don't think they would win both of them.

12. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Pretty much the same here. It's all about getting most of the F4.

13. TennTradition

Well, my comments with regard to UNC were made assuming Marshall was uninjured. I always thought Syracuse could give UK a run for their money. When it came time to make picks, it was known that Melo was out. Unfortunately for me, it was obviously not known that Marshall would be out when it came time to make bracket picks....

14. cotton

I had UNC, OSU, Baylor, and Louisville in the only bracket I entered.

Seeing UNC lose Marshall and understanding that I could, under no circumstances, ever pick Kentucky, I'm not unhappy about my predictive abilities in hindsight.

15. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Picket Fence. This scene gives me warm fuzzies.

[video=youtube;s11Ff8MktME]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s11Ff8MktME&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]