Off season assistant carousel

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Jan 3, 2020.

1. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I really think that Pruitt wants coachable coaches. He knows how he wants his team to look and he wants coaches that will take his direction, salute, and get that shit done. I'm sure having a D line guru is great but it seems like it's more important to Pruitt that he have guys that can take his direction and execute that plan.

PilotFlyingJ and Volst53 like this.
  2. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

If it was a protracted search for replacements I'd be concerned. The fact that these happened so fast and all had a past connection to CP indicates he knew who he wanted and got them as soon as he could with those expiring contracts. Good coaches are good coaches regardless of what big names they might not have had the opportunity to work for. I think CP knows good coaches when he sees them.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Dont you have to at least interview a white coach before just hiring a black one?

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Fire Pruitt.

5. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

lol

6. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

We're simply not used to having someone be smart enough to have a plan in place before you let someone go.

7. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I think everything you've said here is true and we can look no further than Kentucky w/ Stoops to see it in action.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Sweet Mary and Joseph, that is the most lucid statement ever put on this board.

9. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

10. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I wonder what his actual role will be?

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

As of earlier today - TBD other than assisting Fulmer where needed

12. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain