Official 2018 8th Maxim Fantasy Football League Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by rbroyles, Aug 7, 2015.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Jeez, sorry leadership reps. Best Thursday ever

2. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

My 5 star heart team will rebound. Impressive night.
    I have words of inspiration “We learned about the value of being ready vs. the value of being prepared.”-Butch Jones

3. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Just not my year. Doing moderately well with points on my side, but everyone seems to have a career day when I play them. On pace to beat the record for points against, which was also set against me last season, by 12 ppg.

4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

If it makes you feel any better I am leading another league I play in with a score that's 100 points more than the next nearest person. And I'm in 10th place out of 12.

5. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Kenyan Drake almost brought it back for me, but even the Champions of Life couldn't solve global warming. Good game, IP

6. TennTradition

IP had a solid week.

I’m not looking forward to next week’s matchups for me. Randy had a great week this week until Brady let him down at the finish line to give me a shot in the next round despite those matchups.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Randy was very unlucky with Brady not having gronk.

8. TennTradition

Yeah Brady was going to Habe to have a solid week to do it - but it’s completely in him with Gronk.

9. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I have rekindled my dislike for Tom Brady. He almost had me as a fan. Mike Wallace was a poor choice as it turned out as well. At least I bettered Yahoo's preseason prediction of finishing 8th.

10. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

It is disappointing to end up 6th after having such a commanding lead after the first few weeks. Good luck to the four semi-finalists.

11. TennTradition

I led my other league in scoring for the year by over 100 points and didn’t make the 6 man playoffs. Talk about disgusted.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Life Champions was the best performing team and is now eliminated. Timing is everything, and beyond control

13. TennTradition

Yeah that’s how the playoffs roll. I’ve been on both ends of that.

14. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Coming for you IP.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think I am lucky to be here.

16. NashVol11

Yep that's what happens, the key is making the playoffs and after that it's just hoping for the best. And like you said, even making it takes some luck.

17. NashVol11

That's ridiculous. In my other league we've adopted a rule where the playoff spots go to the top 5 in the standings and 6th is the leading scorer out of whoever is left, regardless of record. Basically to avoid that exact scenario

18. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

It could go either way this weekend.

Like others have said it's almost a crap shoot at this point.

19. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Yep, my team turned into crap.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

"Draft Summary
    Global Warming does know this is "football" not "fútbol", right? Either way, they turned the third overall pick into an easy win for the rest of the league, as they are projected to finish 11th in 8th Maxim League with a record of 4-9-0.

Let this mediocre draft inspire you to always do better. "

[uck fay] Yahoo.