Official 2018 8th Maxim Fantasy Football League Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by rbroyles, Aug 7, 2015.

1. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

The deadline for previous owners to renew is past, so the four remaining spots are now open to the first four who claim them. As it stands now there are three who asked. Carndinalvol, VKAman and Duckman in that order. It is required by Yahoo that the league have an even number of teams. I will send invitations to those who send me their email addresses.

Since our draft takes place on Aug. 30, and it is required for me to finalize the league prior, I will cut the invites off midnight Aug. 29. and go with what we have. If there is an odd number, the last one in will have to be dropped. Please get me those emails asap so we know where we stand.

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Maybe we can randomly select an order then assign that order in advance. You could give each entry a number 1 thorough 12 (or however many teams we have). Then I could give you a list of those numbers randomly sorted. Once you tie those numbers back to team names then we have an order.

Hopefully once we finaliE the teams we'll see the option. It's very odd to be that they'd only allow random draft orders to be set 30 min prior.

3. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Yahoo sets the order in a random draft. I have the option of assigning a draft order, but I felt the random order was more fair without anyone thinking the draft was rigged.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

What he's saying is that we could set the order randomly outside of yahoo!, then you can manually assign that order we randomly determined.

5. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Right, I caught it. That is fine as long as the teams are set. but we are four short, and no one is responding.

6. TennTradition

I understand. Playing with a 10 man league is ok with me but we'd need two more. I'm sure several more will join soon.

7. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I would rather make it a ten team league. That was to be the original number, but so many wanted to play, I added two more.

8. TennTradition

Can you adjust that down or do you have to create a new league?

9. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

You can adjust it. Most of my leagues are 10, it's a good size but I also like 12 because it makes you dig deeper.

10. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Post a YouTube video with you pulling names out of hat for draft order. At least it will add some entertainment.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

PM'd it to you just a minute ago.

12. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Invitation sent and received.

13. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Once Card has joined that will make ten teams, and since an even number is required and no one else seems to be interested, I plan to finalize the league at ten teams. If you want, I can see about putting in a draft order rather than let Yahoo assign one.

Also, please welcome Low Country Vol as a co-commissioner.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

That all sounds fine to me. Thanks for stepping up, co-commish.

15. TennTradition

Sounds good. If once finalized it doesn't give you an option to randomly assign we can come up with something to do it ourselves.

16. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Sounds good. Or I could just take the spot I want and throw the remaining names in a jar and assign the order I draw.

17. TennTradition

That depends. Which position do you want?

18. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I hesitate to say because if that's the one I get, everyone will think I really did rig it.

But, I think I would like to pick third or second.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I want the whole first round.

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'll get signed up tonight after I eat.