Official 2018 8th Maxim Fantasy Football League Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by rbroyles, Aug 7, 2015.

1. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Took the 12th place drafting position and garnered an A rating. Never have understood their logic though, they have me finishing 5th.

IP likes this.
  2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

12th isn’t a bad spot anyway - but I agree their logic is usually odd to me.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Their rating system seems to largely look at picks vs average draft position, with some sort of factor regarding the ADP for each position group.

In other words, it really isn't relevant most of the time.

Me picking a few high risk high reward guys is what hurts my grade. Last year Kamara would have been a really bad pick, and he ended ROY.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have a hunch Corderelle Patterson may turn into a thing at New England.

5. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

I’m pretty happy with my draft

*Predicted to finish 2nd

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am not happy, but I think I did alright with the picks available. It is hard to time qb's for me. Also, it is hard to justify picking Wr too early too often, as they are volatile except for Antonio brown.

7. TennTradition

Ok - let me assess how good they are at predictions....

What am I picked to finish?

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Don't know. But the email said I am predicted 3rd but am like 5th by draft ratings.

9. TennTradition

I’m predicted to finish 6th.

That’s all I needed to see. It’s bullshit.

....no, but in all seriousness, the 30 sec clock was a bit too fast for me at times. I will still typing in a players name after deciding twice and got autodracted. It wasn’t too early in the draft so not so bad - but still a bit rough.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, that was a bit too fast. I tried to have a shortlist ready by the time my pick came, but this is a smart group so that list was getting drafted right before my turn

11. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

I’m relieved that Melvin Gordon fell to me. I took a risk drafting Julio in the first over a RB, because I thought Hunt or Fournette would be available for me in the second, then TennTra and Broyles took those two guys and I thought I had really messed up.

12. NashVol11

Of course, now that I said that, Dalvin Cook will probably outperform Gordon by a mile

13. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Pleased for the most part but some question marks.

Kind of unsure in retrospect about picking up Deshaun Watson and wide receivers leave a lot to be desired. Also picked up shady as my second rb which I feel like could possibly end up backfiring.

All that said I seriously doubt I get the 12-1 record Yahoo is predicting...

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I really don't know, so I stayed away.

15. NashVol11

I think it’s funny that Yahoo will autodraft for you and then give that draft a D grade.

TennTradition and IP like this.
  16. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

The 30 sec clock caught me by surprise too. I had set it up for 45 sec or so I thought. I was hustling to pick back to back several times.

17. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

Shady scares me. I’ve avoided him as best I can in all my drafts

I think Watson is a good pick at QB

18. TennTradition

Loved having Watson last year in one of my leagues. Until you know...

19. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

My team feels like a dumpster fire and it's only week one.

Leveon holding out. Deshaun Watson playing like he touched a Space Jam esque magic football that stole his quarterbacking skills. And Shady running for .25 yards per carry because Nathan Peterman might be the worst quarterback the NFL has ever seen.

20. NashVol11

Trading away Stills and Peterson is not looking great for me right now. Happens, though. Week 1 and everything changes