Official 2018 8th Maxim Fantasy Football League Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by rbroyles, Aug 7, 2015.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'm glad you didn't.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I sat him in two leagues. It’s why I stopped playing fantasy, to be honest. Lol so much luck involved.

3. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Last night made me chuckle after avoiding Chubb and OBJ like the playful in the draft.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Eh, he is a...shit player.

/YEAAAAAHHHHH!

InVolNerable likes this.
  5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

After drafting our league like it was PPR, I joined two other random leagues (correctly knowing the rules) to see how well I'd do.

I got Chubb in one and played him, so that's exciting. I got OBJ in our league and one of my others, and I sat him in both. There's no guarantee my other players won't outperform him, but he certainly had a solid game last night.

6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

RIP Cleveland Steamers

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Because of one injury?

8. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Soooo.....starting Hines instead of James Connor was a really dumb decision in hindsight.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have some early kinks as well. Still in striking distance with Cook tonight, though.

10. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Hah, you played Mahomes over Josh Allen?!
    [​IMG]

IP likes this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hunt on the bench feels bad.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Only took 1 week for me to remember why I hate fantasy so much.

Tenny's Dad with not 1 but 2 players who scored more than 40 points. lol he had 1 player score 0 points and another score 1.1, and he's still beating me by 40.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

it's a marathon. you just need to do whatever you can to put up the best roster each week. Luck of schedule and point peaks are outside your control. It's really about putting up the best lineup you can and see if you can make the playoffs. From there, anyone has a shot.

14. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I think Cook only needs like 35 yards, IP. You should be golden.

Top 3 picks? 3.6 points, 2.4 points, 0 points. Granted, I knew Kittle was a big risk (and he was on my bench since OUT). Miracle that I even have a chance this week.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

but it is just one week. I won't lie, I was hoping for a lot more return on hitching my wagon to Kansas City.

16. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

My fantasy strategy has evolved from trying to score the most points, to trying to spin the loses. Oh god, I'm fantasy butch.

Duckman and dknash like this.
  17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I think my favorite part of fantasy so far was drafting in an ESPN league and coming out of the draft page to see I was already 0-1. Apparently, even if you start after week 1, with ESPN leagues, they still count week 1.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

butch would leave Kamara on the bench. Because he did, get it? get it?

dknash likes this.
  19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I’m in 3 leagues. I have Kamara in two, and I played him this week in the third league.

In our league, where I have him, his performance wasn’t enough to get me the win.

In the other league where I have him, I had already won before Kamara even played.

In the 1 league where I don’t have him, I was up 31 points going into the night. Kamara scored 38 points in that league to get the guy the win.

My luck is just awful with this stuff.

20. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

Why have 3 leagues if you hate it so much. A lot of complaining but now I get it.

InVolNerable and IP like this.