Official 2018 8th Maxim Fantasy Football League Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by rbroyles, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

So, uh, should I not start my Pats and Chiefs players? I thought they said they postponed the game to Monday or Tuesday. My guess is that it would count towards this week, if that’s the case.

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

IF they pay Mon or Tues, then it will count toward this week.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm scared to start them.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Right? This is annoying.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Sat OBJ in one league, played against him in another. Joe Mixon is keeping me in one game and destroying me in another (my opponent has him).

Have Ekeler on two teams (one of those I also have McCaffrey, so that’s 2 starting RB’s down on that team), and Chubb on another.

Love fantasy.

6. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Welcome to 2020. Everyone is questionable, every week.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Can this be updated now to include 2 IR spots? I've already got 1 guy on IR, and I'm assuming Ekeler will head to the IR after this week.

8. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

We could hold a vote for future weeks but I’m fairly reluctant to change rules midstream given others have already had to make shitty decisions with one IR in place. Open to the discussion though.

IP likes this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I prefer to stay with the same rules from the beginning on out.

10. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Same

TennTradition likes this.
  11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I hate you guys for being at least partially responsible for my return to fantasy football. Across 3 teams, I’ve now lost Dak, Ekeler (x2), McCaffrey, and Chubb.

Then there’s the poor performances. How the [uck fay] does Tampa Bay score 38 points with Mike Evans only having one catch for 10 yards? How does Aaron Rodgers manage a 3.8 point day?

I was projected to win one game 113 to 86. I’m now projected to lose 72-96, and that’s with him starting not 1, but 2 people who are either Out or on IR. How on earth does a team go 41 points below projection?

I was projected to win both of my other games as well, and now I’m projected to lose both. 28 points below initial projection in 1, 23 in the other.

I [uck fay]ing hate fantasy football.

12. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I have two ties already in my other league. I think across both leagues, I had pretty killer lineups with basically all QB1/RB1/WR1s. Julio Jones couldn't even make my lineup in this one, which is a mistake in hindsight, but wouldn't have even mattered. I might win in the other if Josh Allen balls out, but only because the other guy had Aaron Rodgers.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Arizona’s D carried me to a miraculous comeback in one league, and now this meaningless Cowboy’s TD in garbage time is going to steal that victory from me.

I [uck fay]ing hate fantasy.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Anddddd there it is. Two 4th down conversions and multiple penalties for an 18 play, garbage ass TD drive to secure my loss to a team that started 2 players who didn’t play this week.

15. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Well....damn it. I dropped McKinnon this morning without realizing Mostert was hurt.

Gonna have to burn my #1 spot on the wire just to get him back now.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Some weeks I’ve wished I had Metcalf instead of Lockett. But not this week. Holy shit, not this week.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Curious to know how you reacted when you saw he had 1 carry today. One of the more bizarre fantasy situations I can remember.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Who needs receivers? Or a QB? I’m looking to make a trade.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
  19. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Hoping he bounces back this week with the injuries they have going on. But yeah he burned me last week.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I was lucky in another league where I started him and still won despite his abysmal performance.

I held onto him hoping they were just resting him. We will see.