Official 2018 8th Maxim Fantasy Football League Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by rbroyles, Aug 7, 2015.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Please tell me it is a PPR league.

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'd just like to say [uck fay] Tom Brady and his 5 points last week.

IP and TennTradition like this.
  3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Both of my other leagues are PPR. Why?

4. TennTradition

You are stacked at RB in a PPR league and have RB problems in the non-PPR league. I was hoping for that irony.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yup. I drafted our league like it was a PPR league. If I can get Ekeler back next week (long shot), I should be fine. If not, I might be in trouble next week.

There are a number of solid trade partner options in that other league, so hopefully someone bites. 2 or 3 people need at least 1, maybe 2 running backs.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Man, I [uck fay]ed up picking up Devonta Freeman instead of Duke Johnson this week. Dude went from playing, to questionable, to IR in like, 2.5 days. Meanwhile, David Johnson went from Questionable to IR for a.... concussion? Wtf? That gives Duke the starting spot for multiple weeks.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ronald Jones II is on my bench with nearly 25 points. I'd be furious at myself if I lost this week because of it, but I look solid. I'm fighting for my season over here.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

RB continues to drive me insane this season. Why did he have so many carries today over Fournette?

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't know. It is hard to predict RBs, about as bad as WRs now.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

This gave me a good laugh. I was like “that’s me!”

Would be grrrrreat if he could come back next week.

11. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Especially considering he had a fumble on his second touch of the game. Usually that gets an RB the doghouse for the game, especially with a #2 back like Fournette.

Guess he redeemed himself with that 98 yard run.

12. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

My team has a coaching problem tbh. Hopefully Mostert helps

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You went from the guy hoarding multiple decent to good RB’s to the guy with only 1 consistent RB. Mixon, Johnson, and Mostert on the IR, and Taylor not getting majority of carries the past few weeks has to be annoying as [uck fay].

14. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Having at least Golladay would have helped too, but I've also just been benching the wrong people. Hopefully I can find one or two consistent starters besides Wilson/Robinson for these last few weeks.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

that's the worst feeling, when you just don't have consistent production from players.

16. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Nice little 0.18 point win. It’s a good thing I didn’t check my roster until Sunday and forgot I picked up Big Ben to fill in for Brees, but he’d already played. Had to pick up any available QB that hadn’t played yet. GG Goff.

17. TennTradition

Yeah.....I noticed. Can’t believe how that worked out.

I was down to needing the RB to pick up the first down on that last drive. Had he done it and I had gotten two knees from Goff, I could have pulled it off.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

And you started him again this week. And he managed to go for just 5 points, along with the 0 points you got from Adam Thielen, who has COVID, the 3 points you got from Melvin Gordon, and the 5 points you got from Michael Thomas (because he has a TE playing QB for him).

And yet somehow, you're still probably going to beat me. Because my team is now projected to score 35 points less than Yahoo's original projection. And just to rub it in my face, Robby Anderson, who I've benched, went for 16 points after averaging 5 ppg over his last 6 games (I started him 4 of the 6).

I just love fantasy so much.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

the projection isn't magic. if everyone always met expectations sports wouldn't be so interesting

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I mean, I get that it isn't magic, but 35 points is a shit load. It takes a special kind of meltdown to lose to a team whose QB and WR1 each go for 5 points and whose Flex doesn't even play.

It's especially painful when I see things like the Bengals throwing the ball for a TD on the 1 yd line when I'm starting their feature back at my flex position. Or when the Saints' back up RB runs for 2 TD's while I have their starter. Or when the Colts D goes for negative points against a Titans offense they just dominated 2 weeks ago (and have dominated, historically). Just gut punch after gut punch after gut punch.