Official 2018 8th Maxim Fantasy Football League Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by rbroyles, Aug 7, 2015.

1. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Gonna be honest, thought September 6th was a lot further away. This is probably the best auto-draft has ever done for me though.

2. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Season starts day after tomorrow, lol

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Did anyone else auto draft? 3 of us is 25% of the league lol

4. dknash

dknash Chieftain

No, I consciously chose to dive on the Saquon Barkley grenade for everyone

5. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I would say that’s fairly typical.

NashVol11 likes this.
  6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Really? Last year was my first time playing in years, but every league I’ve played in has been very active. If I was really bought in on it and psyched about playing, I’d be kicking myself for missing the draft.

7. TennTradition

Its pretty typical for 2-3 people to autodraft. I had to autodraft a league two years ago and I still actively managed it and ended up coming in second. Good league is tied more to active management than it is whether folks need to or end up autodrafting. Hopefully we have good management.

8. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Apparently I didn’t fair so well. I guess that’s what I get for overthinking everything. Probably didn’t help that I haven’t played in 13 years.

9. TennTradition

Just get active on the waiver wire. Top 6 make the playoffs then it is about the team you end up with not the one you start with.

10. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Meant to ask this earlier - would people be open to 1 day for trades/waivers instead of 2? Right now if someone gets dropped through weekly waivers Tuesday-Wednesday, they're on waivers the rest of Wednesday, all of Thursday, all of Friday and come off on Saturday which is a long time.

Maybe more importantly, it means all trades would have to be accepted by Thursday in order to take effect for that week, and half the league has barely checked their team by Thursday.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
  11. InVolNerable

Absolutely in favor. I’ve always thought the waiver process was way too long

12. InVolNerable

Yeah, I’ve really lost track of days, haha.

13. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

Yes.

14. TennTradition

Done for both trades and waivers.

NashVol11 and InVolNerable like this.
  15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You look like a [uck fay]ing savant picking up Ty'Son Williams in the draft.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

And my first mistake of the season has already been made, as AB's points waste away on my bench.

Hope he does this a lot this season.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

My team is so terrible lol

18. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Won this week on the last play of the Ravens game. At one point in the game, I had a 1% chance of winning.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I had a solid lead and was projected to win going into tonight. Then Lamar Jackson and Mark Andrews combined to score 73 points, and I lost by 21. Lol

20. TennTradition

Yeah that was crazy.

Going into the week I was projected to win by about 25. At half time tonight you were projected to win by about 23. I won by 21. That’s insane.