Official Cal vs CU game week discussion thread

Discussion in 'Cal Bears' started by IP, Sep 23, 2014.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Win number 3 in the bag, imo.

CU has no identity. Cal just needs to stay efficient on offense, and pick up the ball when CU inevitably turns it over.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Colorado is garbage. if this game is even in doubt it's time for cal to start looking for a new coach.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Agreed. CSU is now the dominant team in the state, with Air Force coming in second. And I don't see that changing very quickly.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I guess the age-old question of "Can both teams lose?" will be answered this week.

They should pay folks to watch this game.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

If it is a losing contest, my money is on CU. They act like they think the scoring works like golf.

6. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Cal is going to work Colorado. I watched them play a few weeks ago and they were baaaaaaad.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

never underestimate the arrogance of a cal team. we had guys tweeting last sat that they look forward to playing Arizona in the pac 12 title game which is laughable on so many levels. we are consistently the most irrationally confident team I've ever seen. wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if we thought we could just show up and beat colorado.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

That is pretty funny.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

But you could just show up and beat Colorado. You could randomly select current HS players in the Bay area and show up on Saturday and give CU a good game.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

we got blown out by them last year. but yes, I'd hope we could just show up and beat them. Colorado has MAC level talent.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

funniest part is them thinking Arizona is so good because hey someone must be great to beat mighty cal. unbelievable.

12. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Colorado's gringo WR is money on draft kings

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Colorado should get back to providing hookers for the recruits.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I had a buddy who was recruited by Colorado in the late 90s. he said the position coach made it known to him that his hostess would put out.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Goff ranks #8 nationally in qbr

https://espn.go.com/ncf/qbr

ahead of jameis Winston, cody Kessler, taysom hill

significantly ahead of bret hundley, kevin Hogan, and Anu Solomon

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Awesome. Recruiting done right.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Worley at 69. That's awesome if I were in middle school.

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

thread makes me feel better about UT and Army every time it pops up.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Cal's always been good at that

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Too exciting of a game, but Cal pulled it out. I watched with a Cal alum in a CU alum bar downtown-- their tears were delicious.

That defense is atrocious. I have no idea what they are trying to do schematically, it is like a permanent "prevent." If that doesn't get fixed, they won't win any games. But I don't need them to, I already won the bet.