Official - Game still at The Swamp

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Butthole, Sep 12, 2017.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yeah, this is a time where him being an absolute [penis] will come in handy.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't see why tennessee's schedule should be inconvenienced for florida's. We will play them Saturday in any appropriate venue they want, be it Knoxville or whatever. Not Friday. Saturday. This is their issue. They can always forfeit.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's not a rule unless it was added after the LSU/UF fiasco last year.

Alleva offered up Baton Rouge, Florida said gimme two straight home games, Sankey made them agree on something.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Dont see why this should change future scheduling. It was an act of nature that could happen any year at many schools. We gonna keep flipping the schedule rotations every time?

5. CardinalVol

It is. New rule. Basically SEC Commish has final say.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Uh, is there a way I can buy season tickets just for the odd numbered years?

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Well, here's to Currie telling Sankey to eat a [penis] too

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That can't be right. What's the incentive to even try to play a game if there's the mildest weather inconvenience? Screw this, we'll do a neutral site game and steal UT's home game next season. That punishes the Vols for the Gators being unprepared for weather they should expect to encounter periodically.

9. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I get that emergency and ancillary services may be low at the moment but I really don't see how they can't find enough people to staff this game and play it at UF. I guess I'm just not understanding the depth of the devastation.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

60% of the state is without power, the Keys are completely off limits. I can see where the services could be needed elsewhere in the state.

11. CardinalVol

We'll likely know today.

Gators say they can have campus ready for game, but that personnel to work game is a different story.

It's Gainesville or here. Atlanta does not appear to be an option.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

If they are worried about staffing the place, play it in Gainesville with no fans allowed into the stadium like a baseball team did (Baltimore?) during some recent riots. Florida still gets their home game, doesn't require ****ing around with the schedules, and isn't going to put an unnecessary strain on Gainesville with everyone that comes into town for a game. Refund anyone's money that has a ticket and everyone wins.

13. NorrisAlan

Florida Athletic Department would go apoplectic with that.

14. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I think you are discounting the 85,000 hotdog eating ticket buyers that wouldn't be eating hotdogs or buying tickets.

15. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Does anybody know how Florida is preparing the team, like if and how they are practicing?

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Then they need to shut the **** up, move the game to Knoxville or a neutral site, accept whatever monies come their way, and allow the schedules to continue on as planned next year.

17. NorrisAlan

I agree.

18. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

Call me crazy but isn't Georgia State's new stadium open for this weekend(the old Turner Field)? of course it only holds about 25k though....

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It is

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

This is pretty much black friday for jort vendors, too.