Official Grizzlies Bandwagon Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by CardinalVol, May 4, 2013.

1. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I thought Bayless was a liability.

2. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

1) Advanced statistics account for usage rates.

2) The Grizz didn't bring in Hollinger to cite statistics found on any fan site.

3) Really doubt they let TA go (unless someone gives him a ridiculous contract). He's a model of unpredictability/inefficiency, but he busts his ass on road games against the Wizards in the middle of December and that's something you pay a premium for. Based on their recent draft pick I think/hope they understand this.

4) How much of a perimeter threat do you want your backup center to be? I do agree that there need to be shooters added to the team, and will be disappointed if Bayless is the best we can do.

3. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Also, along with the Oden rumors, there have been rumors of packaging Bayless in a trade.

4. jjacks6790

jjacks6790 Member

Koufos doesn't bring anything Arthur didn't already bring. I was saying they needed a someone who can shoot in that deal, and then let Ed Davis take Arthur's old rotation spot. It seems like a mindless trade where they lost a draft pick, and gained nothing better in the process besides Koufos better PER...

5. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

I see what you mean. I do think a backup C was needed, though, so Koufos at least brings that in DA's absence. But yeah, shooting is key.

6. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Looks like we're gonna round up free agency by signing Luigi Datome, an Italian player no one else wanted.

Pretty underwhelming considering the signings that everyone else made. Will be curious to see if our stability with Mark, Zach, Mike and TA will hold up in the arms race in the West.

7. jjacks6790

jjacks6790 Member

8. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Add Miller and Akognon to the mix.

10. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Possibly bringing in Mo Williams to sure up the back-up PG role.

If that's the case, you've got Tony Wroten who they will probably try to trade (even though I'm not sure what we could get for him since he was a garbage PG in Summer League).
    So then, you've got a rotation of:

PG - Conley, Williams
    SG - Allen, Pondexter, Franklin
    SF - Prince, Pondexter, Miller
    PF - Randolph, Davis
    C - Gasol, Koufos

With Akognon and Nick Calathes being your prospect guys. I really liked getting Miller for the vet minimum, Koufos for a 2nd round pick (essentially) and Akognon for the removal of protection on a 2nd round pick we didn't own. Will be curious to see if they package Prince and TW for a younger SF, but I don't know who would take that deal. Shaping up to be a pretty decent offseason, though.

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I like the moves thus far

12. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Yep, running off Wallace and Barone to turn things over to the computer dorks is working well.

13. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

14. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Really not sure what to think.

15. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Seeya later number dorks.

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Unbelievable. Make up your minds, management

17. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

So what the **** are the Grizzlies doing? It seems like Pera has no idea how to run a franchise.

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Now Joerger is going to meet with the Wolves. It's all setting up to #BringBackLionel.

Not really.

19. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

He must like his percentages with the Wolves compared with the Grizzlies.

20. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

They should get Mark Jackson before he gets too comfortable at ESPN.