Official Grizzlies Bandwagon Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by CardinalVol, May 4, 2013.

1. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Green is actually a good defender too.

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Are you kidding me?

3. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Nope.

I think they are a few good spot shooters and a solid backup PG away from potentially being the best team in the West for the next two years.

The West is wide open.

4. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Honestly, I wouldn't mind dealing Z-bo while he has value. I love him to death, but I think he's about to decline.

Also, I could see management bringing in someone that they don't clash with (in regards to Hollins).

5. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Their treatment of Chris Wallace tells me all I need to know about this new ownership group.

6. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Could you elaborate on that?

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

They're damn idiots if they let him walk.

Also, the fact that it's even a possibility they let Hollins go pisses me off.

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I've heard Wallace hasn't gotten the respect he's EARNED throughout his career. These new front office wackos are all about advanced stats. Wallace is about winning.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

10. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Are the two mutually exclusive? The Grizzlies created more payroll flexibility while improving the team.

As for Chris Wallace, if he was openly disrespected and not given the credit he was owed, yeah that's bad. If he was told that he wasn't in the plans for the future because of philosophical differences, I understand.

11. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

FWIW, Wallace wasn't treated any better by the previous ownership.

I'd hate to see him walk but when Pera appointed Levien, the writing was in the wall for Wallace.

12. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

Wallace wasn't openly disrespected, just not needed in the eyes of new ownership.

I'm also curious to see what they do with Hollins.

13. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

I think a big offer from Brooklyn or L.A. gives them the excuse they need. Hopefully the rapport he has with his team isn't underestimated.

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Prokhorov can easily write a check that won't be matched by Memphis. Grizz front office better be ready to have serious negotiations

15. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

What steps can/should be taken to take the Grizzlies to the next level?

16. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

I think we take a step back. The success seems unsustainable. They've made it known that they'll build around Conley and Gasol. Ed Davis and Q-Pon are a couple of good young pieces. I guess you try to draft well and get as much value for what you have on your roster now.

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I have a bad feeling that a big overhaul is coming instead of building on what got you to the West Finals.

18. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Agreed.

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Well, so it begins.

20. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Looks like David Joerger will probably be promoted. I don't think the drop off will be that dramatic.