Oh, Lane

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Beechervol, Nov 9, 2018.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Lane needed it, he also didn't talk shit to him because he respected him. He still doesn't respect Urban

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

No. Exactly. You’ve spent way More time defending those program-killing clowns than any of us ever spent praising Kiffin.

utvol0427 likes this.
  3. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

The thing about those 3 games are that even though we came back and won 2 of them, we were down by 21, 17, and 21 (with 7 turnovers at TAMU) in those three games due to poor poor coaching. Bama and South Carolina pushed Butch’s house of cards over the next two weeks thankfully. Could you imagine how much he would have gloated had he went to the Sugar Bowl? It would’ve been unbearable.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The 2016 season was an embarrassment. Few coaches could have tried to do badly and produced such pathetic results.

5. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I wish they pushed Butch out of the moving bus on the way to the airport

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Whatever. People dont bail on season tix after 20 years while throwing their support for a coach and admin.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Let's see....

Turn the ball over 7 times in a double overtime loss

One of your best players quit in the middle of season because you've lied to him for nearly 3 years

You have no S&C program

Injuries cripple the season

Lose to South Carolina and blame mid term exams

Lose to Vanderbilt with a Sugar Bowl berth at stake

Claim your team is "champions of life" because they try hard

Lose all your good recruits besides one and claim you want 5 star hearts

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

But the mother[uck fay]er didn't have a chancellor or an AD to report to, so he got another year to drive this program further in the dirt.

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Stomping Georgia, Black Jersey Halloween night stomping of USC jr., for 1 moment he gave me a glimmer of hope that we could beat Alabama (something I did not have the last 2 years of Fulmer or since), trucking Crompton on Wes Brown TD, watching players develop under good coaching, showing Hyams to be the fool he is.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
    NorrisAlan likes this.
  10. Ssmiff

Black jersey Halloween was awesome

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don’t care what you did with your tickets. You lectured us and called us miserable for seeing what was plainly obvious. You can rearrange your brain over and over again to say so and so is great while employed by UT and awful when he isn’t, but don’t get pissed when the rest of us don’t.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Georgia, Florida, and TAMU should have been multi-TD victories and Bama should have been a game in the fourth quarter. No one else on the schedule should have had a chance.

MaconVol likes this.
  13. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

That would really surprise me.

14. Ssmiff

It did make it more miserable to be on that ride with some of you. Frustrating times for all.
    Find a post where I ever said Butch was a a good coach and I'll take my message board skills elsewhere. If I posted it, should be easy to find, but I didn't, so dont say I told anybody butch was a good, great or champ coach. It didnt happen.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don’t recall chaining you to a computer and forcing you to read 8thmaxim. You can act like you knew all along - I don’t care. The entire board remembers. One cross word about Dooley or Butch and the Orange and White Knight was there to defend them. For years.

utvol0427 likes this.
  16. Ssmiff

As a matter of fact, and last I will respond to that which was pulled from nowhere, I left the UF game when Worley was QB after the sack/turnover and momentum killer at the end of the 3rd, and wanted Butch fired. About as pissed as ive been at a football game. I wasnt anywhere preaching to anybody about Butch.

17. Ssmiff

Didnt say i knew anything all along and dont tend to make predictions. Like Pruitt a lot and havent tauted him as a champ coach, and sure as hell didnt with the previous either.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Got it. So you’ll never take an official position, just argue like hell in favor of one thing and then you’ll feel you never have to admit to being wrong.

The whole Butch is better than Gruden argument, circa 2013, and Martinez and Janacek are good coaches stuff all had nothing to do with thinking the last staff was good.

19. Ssmiff

Butch better than Gruden? Goodness youve lost it.
    I admit to not dogging Jancek and martinez that much. Thought our defense was doing ok. As far as predictions, only a couple of coaches are sure things, and it doesnt take a lot of insight to predict failure for the rest. I'm not in the race to be the first to call a coach a loser. Not my thing.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You specifically said you’d rather have Butch over Gruden.