Old White People Still Love Baseball

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, Apr 23, 2015.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Baseball is also a great radio sport, something to have on in the background while doing something else.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

it's good in the background of Paradise by the Dashboard Light

3. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

absolutely.

4. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

It's great as a control in a "would you rather get kicked in the ****" hypothetical.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Of course, you hate baseball. I like baseball.

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

It's not worth even discussing with him. I borderline hate soccer. Yet you don't find me creating threads, or posting endlessly about my disdain for it.

It is what it is. Have to consider the source.

7. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

He watches the NBA as well.....

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

pitch clock. pitch clock. pitch clock.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Let's go create a tennis bashing thread together

10. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Depeche Mode is good to have in the background when you're giving it to the ole lady.

11. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Master and Servants

12. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

That sport isn't worth my time. If I want to hear people grunt I'll just hang out in a public restroom more often.

13. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

I loved baseball religiously in the late 70s and 80s. In the pre-cable era I was glued to Monday night baseball on ABC with Howard Coselll and the NBC game of the week in Saturday's with Vin Scully and Joe Garagiola.

My 7 year old plays travel baseball for the 9U now, and I forgot how much I loved the game as a kid.

14. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

The game is perfect.

15. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

See you in 20 years. Or, ten.

16. Tenacious D

PT Barnum and Pete Rozelle could take the helm, and guess what?

It's still shit. Because it's shit.

17. Tenacious D

This.

It also doesn't help that they play, what, 800 games a season? Forgive me for not giving a shit about Game 117, where the Cubs beat the Bluebills (or who the f ever) 3-2 in 14 innings.

It's a shit game.
    It takes too long to play.
    It's boring as hell, even when the 1-2 guys who are involved are actually doing anything.
    The regular season is grotesquely too long - so they stay beyond their already limited welcome.
    Their off-season is too short - you don't have any time to even be thankful that they're gone, before they're back.
    And, it's a shit sport.

MLB should pay ESPN to show their games, or re-supply the baby boomers with new TV's and leather recliners each year...because of any of those three things went away, baseball would fall almost completely off of it's already tenuous - and fading - perch.

18. Low Country Vol

I stopped caring for the game after the 94 season ended what could have been Tony Gwynn batting .400. I'll stop watching once my son decides to stop playing.
    As a kid watching it on tv with no cable, less was more. Now it's too much to follow. I simply don't have the time to follow long drawn out season daily. That applies to nba as well.

19. Cameltoes

Cameltoes Contributor

I quit watching baseball when they started playing in golf slacks. How can I tell the Red Stockings from the White Sox when I can't even see their socks ?!?

20. Low Country Vol

My son is the only one on the team who wears the old school pants. I can't stand the new style.