ole miss fans losing their mind a little

Discussion in 'Cal Bears' started by droski, Sep 12, 2017.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

our run d is deceptively bad and usc's rbs are amazing. we dont' have texas sized dlienman either. weber state had a field day even though we were loading up against their running game. ole miss just can't run the ball. our qb also hasn't exactly looked great either and our best WR who everyone double teams and is our only real deep threat (of course our qb can't hit him deep) looks to be out for the game. I think the line, which is 16 now, is about right. we keep it close late if we are 3+ in the turnover margin. we are a 5-7 win team (with mid pac-12 talent) and usc has owned the shit out of us forever. they have a huge physiological advantage. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they won by 5 tds, but I think we keep it close for 3 quarters. a close loss would be a very good sign for the future. we literally never have close losses against usc. one in 13 years as far as I can remember and that was mostly garbage time scoring.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I picked Cal in the Compete! game, so you better have your boys ready to play, Droski.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

ha. I think it's a fair line. if USC is really a NC contender we will get rolled. We just don't have the athletes to hang and their running game will kill us and the qb gap is huge. if they are overrated like they looked against WMU and Texas and Darnold turns it over, we will be it in the end. only way cal wins or keeps it close is a low scoring game. we can't win a shoot out.

4. NorrisAlan

Just cover, that is all I ask. Bask in that Moral Victory glow.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

ha ha. a cover would actually be a good sign for the future

6. NorrisAlan

Can I get permission to be a Cal fan this year, just to get through it? Our coach is apparently having a nervous breakdown.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

go for it, but there is pain ahead I assure you

8. NorrisAlan

Can't be worse that what I have experienced the last 10 years.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I envy your naiveté.

[​IMG]