Ole Miss in deep trouble

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Feb 22, 2017.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Bruce FeldmanVerified account‏@BruceFeldmanCFB · 6m6 minutes ago
    NCAA alledges #OleMiss staffer connected a recruit to 2 boosters who paid the kid $13,000-$15,600 (AND that player didn't even sign with OM)

Self imposes 1 year bowl ban.

2. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I'd love to know which recruit took 15k and didn't come. Power moves only.

Edit: I bet it's a Bama player.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Kongbo was my thought

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yeah whatever school got him could be in trouble too

5. RockyHill

I doubt it.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That would be about right. Put us on probation the day after we fire Butch. End up hiring Louisiana Tech's assistant tight end coach after getting rejected by first 72 candidates.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

apparently it was a 2015 recruit

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

if the guy is still playing, he might have to give up dirt to not get suspended.

9. RockyHill

Do we know how NCAA got this info? I would've thought the kid would get immunity to squeal. I think it's bs that the NCAA makes an example of a school like Ole Miss but leaves the big boys alone, but if they were sloppy enough to leave proof other than someone's word, they deserve it.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

beats me. it's pretty easy to not get caught giving recruits money. they must have some sort of whistleblower.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's Ole Miss. They have KKK rallies on campus yet signed a 5 star WR from Chicago when Freeze first got there.

It's common sense

12. RockyHill

Or you know maybe the boosters and coach of another west team were furious about losing to Hugh two years straight and knew the NCAA wouldn't touch them and convinced a kid to tattle. Just a thought. Hard for me to see the whistleblower angle.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

well yeah

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you never know. look at nevin shipiro. sometimes people are just pieces of shit and want to take everyone else down with them.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's nice to see a slimy piece of shit get in trouble

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

now they are saying the freeze is likely to get a show cause meaning they might have to fire him unless they want an interim for a year or two.

17. RockyHill

Some rumors it could be Leo Lewis. Some rumors also that anAuburn OL who started at Ole Miss took free hunting trips on private land lol

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I would think the strategy would be sue over preferential treatment towards FSU, North Carolina, and anyone else that they come up with that has concrete violations that went virtually unpunished. North Carolina ought to have gotten the death penalty.

19. RockyHill

I hope they do fight it and stir up some major s**t.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

usc tried to fight it and ended up getting completely screwed.