Orlando Shooting

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by fl0at_, Jun 12, 2016.

1. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Right. I'm sure if the phrase "Islam is evil" was uttered by Obama, this nor any other Islam-related incident would ever occur again.

2. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Probably not. Political correctness and kissing the ass of Islamists for fear of offending them is working so well to curb these events we should definitely continue to employ it.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Glad to hear from you, my man. I hope you and the hubby are OK and that none of your friends were hurt. Though in this case I imagine even if you didn't personally know any of them it would still be personal.

Islamic Fundamentalist and extremists are a terrible danger to the world. I just don't know how to stop it.

4. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

All true.

5. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Thanks, Norris and everyone. Sadly, I knew one of the the first four names released. This is so sickening.

6. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Damn, sorry to hear that.

I have a cousin (and his family) in Orlando. Would have been surprised if him and wife would have been at a gay club, but still nice to hear that they checked in safe and sound.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am sorry this has happened, GCB. That's awful.

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I have never seen so much love and support going out to the LBGT community. Perhaps this can be the turning of a corner.

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Sorry to hear that, GCB.

10. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

I simply find it silly to think that any President's words would help curb extremists and their desire to go shoot people. Unless you're inhibiting their ability to obtain said weapons through some type of legislation, I can't see words being anything other than effectively useless in prevention.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

This guy seemed intent on killing people and ready to die. That's tough to stop. He's going to figure out a way to do damage.

12. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Yep. That level of hate and determination is difficult to stop until it has shown its face. In this case its too late to save victims by then.

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Generally agree, but who's head of law enforcement in the US?

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Yes; and whose FBI investigated this guy twice and determined he posed no threat.

Who won't even say Radical Muslim, Islamic Terrorist?

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not sure how we can predict who all the hell-bent murderers are.

Even if he was identified as a high-risk, what do you do? He's a US citizen, and we don't have a national mental health system anymore.

16. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

He's no prophet but crap like this will get him elected, for better or worse.

17. Savage Orange

Mostly for worse... We're ****ed either way though...

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Sorry to hear that GCB. What a senseless act.

19. Savage Orange

Starting to see scuttlebutt that there were other shooters... Supposedly this info is coming from a survivor but at this point I'm pretty dubious about it. Need credible sources before Putting much stock in it but it seems hard to fathom that one person could do all that damage alone before being subdued by a crowd as large as the one in that club....

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

This is where conspiracy theories spring from. 100 people say there was one shooter. Three people swear there are three shooters. People gravitate to the three testimonies. These numbers were made up and have no weight in this incident, but you get the point.

I will let the police investigate and give a report before I believe any multi shooter scenario.