OSU v Clemson

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Tenacious D, Dec 28, 2019.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

My take is that Clemson is significantly better than Alabama and Auburn this year. They just needed some time to get the blood pumping last night. They weren’t used to playing an actual good team. Took them almost a half to get up to speed but once they did they returned to 2018 form.

Alternative take: Clemson beat A&M by 14. LSU beat them by 43.

2. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Normally I would go with the team used to big games, but I just feel like at the end of the day, LSU is just too good. The season Burrow has had is just unbelievable. The guy could end up with 60 TDs in one year. We will never see that again.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And how they did it is by having NFL starters on their defensive line

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

LSU is going to methodically dissect Clemson. They'll win by 14+

IP and NorrisAlan like this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think the disrespect levers the clemson coach has been pulling are going to have clemson in the right mindset. LSU is a better team, and they should be coming in looking to try and out hustle or out will them. not with a chip on their shoulder thinking they are better.

LSU may have this wrapped up by half again

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I think Clemson scores plenty though

A-Smith likes this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

35-17 at half. 52-31 final.

Just going to let my ass completely hang out.

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

If i were Clemson, I’d be making some adjustments so that white safety isn’t one on one against LSUs WR’s.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I can see that

10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Yep. Oklahoma scored 28 because LSU didn't care for the last 45 minutes of the game. I'm sure Clemson can do something similar.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I understand the rules. The part I'm not agreeing with is that it actually works that way.

12. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Sab feels this way about coitus.

Tenacious D and utvol0427 like this.
  13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm surprised at all the Clemson love following that performance. They looked 14 points worse than Ohio State and LSU looked about 1400 points better than Oklahoma.

NashVol11 and NorrisAlan like this.
  14. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

100% agree.

I never felt like they would win that game until they did.

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Clemson was obviously manhandled for the first 20 minutes. After that it was game on. They looked significantly better than Ohio State for the rest I thought. Ohio St scored just once in the last 40 minutes or so didn’t they? Again, I just think Clemson needed to get up to game speed with a fast team. Playing all those ACC jv teams took a toll on their readiness to play with the big boys.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Felt more like OSU was having uncharacteristic screwups that kept Clemson in the game rather than them taking over.

NashVol11 likes this.
  17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I did fall asleep in the fourth quarter

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Late hit on lawrence ended up a long td drive instead of another 3 and out. The punt block call was dumb coaching. Clemson also went on to score a td there after the penalty

19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I don’t care that much about the semis. Oklahoma is really mediocre. And I think Dabo gonna have his guys ready. Same offense that lit up Bama last year. It’s not like LSU dominated every team this year. They can be had.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

LSU was pretty dominant all year