Otha Peters Flips to Arkansas

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Jan 31, 2012.

1. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

Even before the loss of Peters I wasn't concerned with not signing a full class. We're going to be flirting with 85 anyway and next year we won't come close to a full class because of 85. Just backcount a few for next year if need be.

2. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

If Dooley is let go I fear we won't sign a full class next year either with the coaching turnover.

3. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Backcount next year despite signing a small class, and MAKE ROOM FOR ELEVENTY BILLION FIVE STARS IN 2014!!!!!!!!!!!

4. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

barring absolute disaster it's going to be almost impossible to sign a full class next year no matter what happens.

5. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

We're moving to a 5-2 and told Peters and Santos to look elsewhere.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Wait, Peters suddenly realized the day before signing day that he could win more at Arkansas? Sorry, I'm not usually ones for these type of things, but it certainly smells of bullshit from his Arkansas visit.

But, holy shit, this class is on the verge of being a disaster.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

It doesn't make any sense. Granted, he's just a kid... but still. Something is off.

8. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Get Kirven and I feel better.

Seriously though, third year in a row we've had a stud LB bail. It's getting old.

9. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Looks like Kirven is a Bama lock.

10. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Imagine that. We hire a K Mart coach and are getting K Mart results. What a [uck fay]ing shock. Dooley is, was, and always will be a trash. Anyone who ever tried to convince people otherwise was pushing an agenda or mentally retarded.

11. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

the Alabama rivals site is saying that we are out of it for him

12. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I guess we'll go with the ol' 3-0-8 defense next few years.

Once they get about 25 yards from the LOS, we're going to wreck some people.

13. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

I suggest we all turn off the internet until about 5 pm tomorrow and assess the situation then. In the end, we all knew it was going to come down to wins and losses this year but it seems we cannot even get a silver lining should the bottom fall out this year.

14. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I had been consoling myself for Santos for days using the fact that we still had Peters. I think that Peters is the recruit with the higher likelihood of coming in and contributing and having success. Blah.....

This was a big loss. He was solidly in our top 5 recruits, IMO.

15. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Black Wednesday Part II

16. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I'm just hoping that our coaches or his mother can sway him back our way over the next 12 hours or so....

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We are boned. We hired an awful DC because of his recruiting abilities. He has brought in no recruits and lost two of our best.

The Internet rumors on our remaining prospects are all negative. Kirven to Bama or VT, Quinshad to Wake, and Patterson to UGA. Our backup plan at WR committed to Arky a couple of days ago.

18. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Stating that on GQ right now would make you comparable to the spawn of Satan. Thank God, this place exists.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tennessee has been beaten out by Virginia Tech, Wake [uck fay]ing Forest, Georgia and Arkansas for recruits. Think about that for a minute.

20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

They are too busy trying to define "true fans" while the house burns down. A collective bunch of [uck fay]ing idiots.